Valued Contributor

The Same Products, show after show, day after day...Seriously, QVC?

Last Monday's Fashion Day seemed very strange; all the products shown during the day were sold again on PM Style. The same ring, the same bracelet, the same OrYany bag, the same pants.......

Then I noticed that Saturday's AM Style had the exact same items.....and this morning, Jane and Pat were still selling the same stuff.

Astonishing! What's going on? With QVC's huge inventory, wouldn't you think that they would not repeat the same stuff for days at a time, show after show?

Has anyone else noticed this? I'm not just talking about the endless computer/vacuum cleaner shows....I'm talking about what is supposed to be FASHION. It's like, "We only have these ten items left to sell! And once they're gone, you'll see them again tomorrow....and the next day, and the next." {#emotions_dlg.blush}

Super Contributor

Re: The Same Products, show after show, day after day...Seriously, QVC?

when you consider that we are being smothered in vacumm's and matresses I will take just about any scrap of fashion they are giving.

doesn't that sound sad QVC

get with it we are drowning here in gadgets and cleaning products that you are disguising as ""christmas Gifts"" seriously?

Esteemed Contributor

You'd think they'd have gotten tired of it by now.

Respected Contributor

It seems they are getting rid of inventory and completing contracts with vendors and planning to sail away in the sunset.

Trusted Contributor

Times have changed. Many people do not watch QVC for hours or days on end. As QVC expects its viewers to tune in at different days and times, and it would neither be feasible nor practical to show all new products all the time.

To me, this complaint is like complaining that the clothes being sold at Macy's today were also sold Saturday and last Monday.

Honored Contributor

On 10/13/2014 KYToby said:

Times have changed. Many people do not watch QVC for hours or days on end. As QVC expects its viewers to tune in at different days and times, and it would neither be feasible nor practical to show all new products all the time.

To me, this complaint is like complaining that the clothes being sold at Macy's today were also sold Saturday and last Monday.

That's right....times have changed and QVC needs to change with the times! I know I don't watch QVC that often, but finding a show that even interests me is well getting rarer and rarer.... and seems to becoming a common theme by more and more QVC customers....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

The only time I even have the tv on that channel on is ITKWD on Sundays and that's when football isn't on. I come to this website and skim through what was recently on to see if I want anything.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Valued Contributor

KYToby.....I understand what you are saying, but when I go to Macy's I get to look at so many different items; I do not stand there and look at the exact same item over and over, day after day.

Its as though I am in a "we are going to show you these same things over and over until they are gone!"

I enjoy watching the Fashion shows: AMStyle, PMStyle, etc. So when two weeks in a row I am seeing almost the entire show being repeated items, I feel disappointed in light of the fact that QVC has thousands of items to offer.

Plus, there are many of us who watch the Style shows to see the different clothing items. I like seeing clothes........Smile

Honored Contributor

On 10/13/2014 KYToby said:

The problem isn't that the same clothes are being sold today, Saturday and last Monday, and any somewhat perceptive person really should be well able to discern that... The problem is QVC's narrow branding that has led them to open a large store and then proceed to only stock two or three of its departments... Moreover, they've been stocking those same three departments with the same merchandise month after month and year after year... Regardless of how, why or how often people watch they don't want to see the same things presented in an endless que... Yes, times change. Pretty clearly times have changed since QVC adopted this path and now it's time for them to change again...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

I have had QVC on more than usual since I got the puppies and am potty training. I also read an article that QVC recently fired it's company president who was a former Wal-Mart executive. My impression is that QVC has been purchasing a much higher quantity of an item and just runs it out until it's gone. I know they purchase in super large amounts but what caught my attention was when I heard the different hosts mention that they sold 440,000 of a luminary set or 550,000 of a tablet. That sounded unreal to me even for a TSV. I have noticed that it doesn't seem to make a difference if it's AM Style, PM Style, Fashion picks or whatever it is the same few items that are featured. This product approach is the same for the other programs. What I find concerning is that in the am when they were presenting a cooking item as the TSV they were all hyped about not having the quantity/color choice by mid day and the same line up was being presented at 10:30PM. I find that a little deceiving and a sales practice that is unnecessary. Sales methods seldom change no matter what vendor you are discussing but I do expect a little "truth in advertising" from all of them.