New Contributor

I doubt this will stay up very long, as QVC does not accept negativity, but what I am about to tell you is fact.

I am a member of a local car show. We are having a show this Saturday, 10/10.

For the event, we have different members do different things, such as hand out flyers, guide the cars to be parked, etc.

This year, we thought it would be fun if we picked the various roles out of the hat.

I got "photographer". Fair enough.

The club knew I was a professional photographer, but my current DSLR camera was sent out for repairs.

I saw a new Canon DSLR camera for a very low price, and purchased it.

This was Thursday, at 3am. I paid almost 40 dollars for UPS Next Day Air. The delivery estimate was Friday, 10/10.

I expected the camera to be shipped sometime Thursday to be here on Friday.

Well Thursday came and went. I called Friday morning and was told that my order was held for a "security review, because it was such a large order".

Such a "large order"? This was a $650 camera, not a $3,000 TV or a $5,000 rolex watch.

Tonight, I try to log into my account and was told it was closed.

The reason why? Supposedly I ordered a TV back in 2011 and did not pay for it, which is an outright lie. I save all my receipts, mail etc and have proof it was paid in full.

Still...closing my account from something over 3 years ago? They did not even call me.

They said they called and told UPS to ship the camera back to them.

I asked them if my card was charged, they said yes.

The flat out told me they cancelled my account, AFTER charging my card, AFTER shipping the camera out.

I now have $700 taken off my card, and no camera. They said it would take DAYS to refund me.

I am in tears as I type this. I am going to look like an idiot tomorrow when the club has no photographer, let alone embarrassed.

Honored Contributor

Re: How QVC ruined my Weekend.

You need to contact your cc company and file a dispute **immediately**. Let us know what happens, that's terrible.

New Contributor

I cannot yet do anything with my CC company. QVC said that they contacted UPS to have it returned, but since it's being sent Next Day Air, it might be delivered before it can be intercepted. If I do end up getting the camera and did file a dispute beforehand, I would look like a liar.

Frequent Contributor

I tried to order something from HSN a while ago, I was told I could not as there was a TV I had never paid for that was sent to me. Turns out the address I am living at had ordered the TV, the occupants had moved in the meantime and so the address I am at now was flagged. Perhaps QVC had the same problem with your address but not specifically you?

Super Contributor

Well, stuff happens. It's called " life." Perhaps you should not have done all of this at the very last minute. You have to plan and prepare for things like this. I'd say it's more your fault than theirs. Consider all of the many customers they have to always try and cater to.

New Contributor

They told me they do an "audit" every so often (I guess 3 years is often), and if anyone at that address had a deliqunient order, they close all the accounts with that address.

So if you move into a new apartment, and the previous tenant ordered something 3 years ago and did not pay for it, they would close your account.

Respected Contributor

Hello, TheTruthAbout and welcome. Smile

I'm very sorry about what happened to you. Please try not to cry. If this isn't your fault, QVC really does need to clear this up. I hope this works out for you.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Honored Contributor

Their 'business practices' like their 'business plan' it appears leave something to be desired.

As a professional, if you say that's a good price for the camera, I'll have to take you word for it, but it seems sort of steep to me... Is there any chance you can borrow a camera for the event? Or as a professional don't you have another camera, even one that might not be ideal, that you can use? Regardless, hoping the matter is resolved soon.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

I have to disagree that this was more your fault than QVC's. Granted, maybe you should have prepared sooner. However, that said, if QVC charged your card for the camera and shipped it out BEFORE making the determination that something wasn't right about your account, that's THEIR fault. If the charge went through on your card, then the camera was paid for, they didn't stand to lose anything on the transaction, and the issue of the TV from years ago should have been a totally separate matter.

Maybe it would still be a good idea to contact your credit card company and let them put it in their records as to what happened. Then if you do receive the camera, you can call them back. I think QVC is mostly at fault here -- they got their money, why shouldn't you get the camera, and THEN resolve the rest of it?

Edited to add: I also think you should call Corporate and tell somebody there what happened to you. Sometimes complaining in the right places is the only thing that gets the attention of companies that allow this kind of thing to happen.

Respected Contributor

I would have been a bit leery trying out a new piece of equipment.

Did nobody have a camera you could have borrowed?