Super Contributor

ANOTHER TOTAL DAY OF CHRISTMAS ........IT'S ONLY OCT. 7th !

I'm going to want to celebrate Easter by December 25th if I were to keep watching QVC

Talk about taking the joy out of holidays with marketing.......

Can't I enjoy Halloween and Thanksgiving first without jingle bells, etc. ?????????

Why, why, why QVC ???

OH, I forgot, the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

And I thought it was a birthday celebration. Silly me.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: ANOTHER TOTAL DAY OF CHRISTMAS ........IT'S ONLY OCT. 7th !

shhhh....calm down...your going to wake someone with all that yelling.....:0)

Honored Contributor

I refuse to watch Christmas shows before December. Actually, I don't watch them in December either.

Honored Contributor

I watched very little on Fashion Day and will watch very little to day on all day Christmas shows.

QVC must sell a ton of product on these early Holiday/Christmas shows otherwise they would not do it....

Honored Contributor

Is there more all day Christmas programming this year or is it me?

I think so, seems like 2x month

Esteemed Contributor

I love the holidays but I have to agree that this is too much, too soon. The Q used to have an event on the 25th of each month beginning in July and then go full on Christmas right after Halloween. That gave them 7-9 weeks of Christmas programming within their order fulfillment window. Every year they seem to push that back just a bit more, but this year is nuts.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Honored Contributor

This seems normal to me, for retail, anyway. The problem I have with it is the awful choices they're offering and have essentially been offering over and over, and for that matter have been offering up as Christmas fare for at least half of the past decade... If they programmed more and better choices I might consider watching more than I do, but they don't so neither do I...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

On 10/7/2014 jackthebear said:

Is there more all day Christmas programming this year or is it me?

I think so, seems like 2x month

I think your right! I do think there is more Christmas programming ....didn't they use to limit it to one show on the 25th of each month.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

On 10/7/2014 gardensla said:

I love the holidays but I have to agree that this is too much, too soon. The Q used to have an event on the 25th of each month beginning in July and then go full on Christmas right after Halloween. That gave them 7-9 weeks of Christmas programming within their order fulfillment window. Every year they seem to push that back just a bit more, but this year is nuts.

I love Christmas too--but come on! And it's not only QVC, but even local retail stores seem to be pushing it especially early!....it's so odd seeing Fall/Halloween/Thanksgiving displayed along side Christmas decorations {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

On 10/7/2014 stevieb said:

This seems normal to me, for retail, anyway. The problem I have with it is the awful choices they're offering and have essentially been offering over and over, and for that matter have been offering up as Christmas fare for at least half of the past decade... If they programmed more and better choices I might consider watching more than I do, but they don't so neither do I...

They are overdoing it way too early, and with all the repetition and limited choices, they can turn anyone into a scrooge......{#emotions_dlg.mad} Yep, all the retail stores start early but I just don't remember it to the extent they seem to be doing it this year.....perhaps the competition for those early Christmas purchases is getting more intense ......

You are right, if QVC mixed it up with their merchandise and gave us real variety it might help to make them a viable holiday option, or at least make the programming at least watchable.....