Esteemed Contributor
Just tried to leave a one star review. I clicked on one star and wrote my review. When I hit preview it bounced back and said a problem was encountered and I had to leave a star rating which I had already done. I tried again and again and it kept bouncing back. Is the Q making it impossible to leave poor ratings or is it just a glitch?
Valued Contributor

Just another example of the manipulation by QVC, as evidenced by the censorship of posters on this forum, as well as the reviews. Anything the moderators don't agree with is deleted.

Trusted Contributor

This has nothing to do with censorship. People leave negative reviews all the time, and the complaints and whining continue to be incessant on these forums.

If the OP had issues leaving the rule, it was either due to not following the review guidelines (which happens all the time) or there was a computer issue. Things are deleted from the forums when community standards are violated.

QVC clearly states its rules for reviews an forums. Not only are they listed, but we agree to follow them. Many people, though, do not follow the rules. One can only determine they refuse to read what they agree to, they willfully disregard the rules (that they agree to), or a combination of the two. When people willfully violate these rules, it says a lot about their character -- at minimum.

QVC owns and operates these boards. They make the rules, and they are free to enforce them. If people do not like the rules, perhaps they should consider spending time elsewhere online rather than continuing to post here, whining that they cannot blatantly disregard the rules.

Honored Contributor
On 10/3/2014 Zita said:

Just another example of the manipulation by QVC, as evidenced by the censorship of posters on this forum, as well as the reviews. Anything the moderators don't agree with is deleted.

yep. They definitely skew the reviews.

Esteemed Contributor
My verbiage in the review box was not nasty, just gave my opinion on the product material and also stated what I liked about the item. The rules were followed. I have seen poor reviews left on items so I was curious why mine didn't take. I generally like what I buy and have never left a poor review before so this surprised me. Why ask opinions if all that is wanted is rave reviews.
Honored Contributor

I see negative reviews all the time. Can't imagine someone is taking the time to pick and choose which reviews (negative or positive) get posted, unless a computer glitch detects something.

Honored Contributor

There are tons of one-star reviews on this site.

There was no censoring here of a legitimate review because there was no TIME for such censoring. Per what the OP describes, it was purely a technical glitch. I've occasionally had this happen with regard to giving the review my star rating, but I've always eventually been able to post the review.

Just try again.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor
On 10/4/2014 suzyQ3 said:

There are tons of one-star reviews on this site.

There was no censoring here of a legitimate review because there was no TIME for such censoring. Per what the OP describes, it was purely a technical glitch. I've occasionally had this happen with regard to giving the review my star rating, but I've always eventually been able to post the review.

Just try again.

Well I disagree. Not sure about OP's case but I personally have not been able to post one star review on some products that have generally 4-5 stars. Sometimes they simply never post and a few times they've told me they can't post it because it violates some standard. Tell me how a review that simply states- "I did not like the scent of the product" goes against standards? Or simply, "I did not like the the product."

I do think QVC skews the reviews. Sure they allow some negative but when they really want a product to do well, I believe they only allow so many negatives to go through. But of course, if a product is mostly getting negative reviews, they wouldn't be able to skew the numbers as effectively because if something is so bad and has been selling for a few years, it would look very suspicious if there were only a dozen reviews in all that time.

So I have no doubts whatsoever QVC skews the ratings as I've had it done multiple times to me. And QVC cannot tell me exactly what in my posts have gone against standards when I've asked.

The other thing is- there are TONS of reviews that mention other brands/products in the review of a particular product. This is CLEARLY against reviewing standards but they are posted anyway. There are also some that make what QVC would consider "medical claims" which are also clearly against standards but they post as well.

I suppose it is like the forum posts- the standards are only haphazardly enforced, and in the case of reviews, only when it is beneficial to QVC.

Honored Contributor

HappyDaze, I do see plenty of one-star reviews. Heck, I've posted some myself. I do follow the guidelines, but as you said, I'm sure that they're not applied consistently. I, too, have seen blatant disregard of the guidelines. We'll have to agree to disagree, though, about any willful manipulation of the review system on the part of QVC. Smile

But I was really just referring to this very specific situation that the OP described. Reading her post, it didn't sound like anything but a weird technical glitch that didn't have anything to do with which number of stars she chose.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

If you mentioned poor workmanship, your post won't be allowed, and QVC won't tell you why the post wasn't allowed, just saying it was against the rules. I had to play a guessing game, and several emails later, I realized that this was the issue.