Super Contributor

***!!! IMPORTANT: Regarding Return Label Barcodes--PROBLEM!! Must read!

Two packages were brought into the US Post Office today, to be returned.

Instead of just having the packages tossed into the bin, I had requested that the person returning the packages got a receipt. When they gave the packages, the clerk tried the red laser reader, and BOTH the barcodes said "INVALID". He then tried to manually enter the numbers under the barcodes (which start on both packages with the numbers 9202 3901…..etc) and they still came up INVALID.{#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

***Both barcodes (the barcodes found under "USPS PARCEL RTN SVC" were INVALID.***

Those barcodes are for the returns to the QVC address, with other information, as well.

So BOTH packages are still with me because no receipt could be obtained. No way were those packages being handed over without a receipt! {#emotions_dlg.glare}

And, if they had tossed the packages into a mailbox, or just left them in the bin and did not get a receipt, there would be no way to prove those packages were returned…and who would know if they would even get to the right place!{#emotions_dlg.confused1}

I called QVC Customer Service {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}and they are emailing me two new barcode numbers.

But why is this happening at all!!???!!! {#emotions_dlg.huh}

Esteemed Contributor

Re: ***!!! IMPORTANT: Regarding Return Label Barcodes--PROBLEM!! Must read!

Ical, I'm like you..I always take packages in and get a receipt for mailing. And when I track how long they're at the post office before being picked up by the shipping agent, I use the numbers under the large barcode on the lower part of the return label. Sorry you had such a time with this.

I've never had a problem, but the last time I used a return label was a few weeks ago. Hopefully this was just a fluke and it won't start happening on a regular basis. What a mess that would be! But I don't think it will affect me anyway, because I'm taking a long sabbatical from QVC shopping, so I won't have anything to return! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Honored Contributor

I have this problem whenever I drop off a return at a USPS branch that's located in a gas station. I always leave it and haven't had an issue with it not making it to the q. It's never happened when I go to the 'real' USPS.
Super Contributor

On 10/3/2014 kittymomNC said:

Ical, I'm like you..I always take packages in and get a receipt for mailing. And when I track how long they're at the post office before being picked up by the shipping agent, I use the numbers under the large barcode on the lower part of the return label. Sorry you had such a time with this.

I've never had a problem, but the last time I used a return label was a few weeks ago. Hopefully this was just a fluke and it won't start happening on a regular basis. What a mess that would be! But I don't think it will affect me anyway, because I'm taking a long sabbatical from QVC shopping, so I won't have anything to return! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

I didn't have a problem, because someone went for me, thankfully! There was no line, either, which is nice. They were presents. One was a dove pin which has one eye and there is even a dimple in place where I think a second eye should be. The other was a hinged bangle and I noticed there was a dimple at the hinge. Looking closer I saw that that dimple, right across the hinge, in a mirror image of the design, had a black stone--which was missing on the other side--that's where the dimple is! Darn.

But the thing is, what if they were just left on the counter?! No one would know where they went and there would be no credit issued!

Thanks for your reply! Smile

Super Contributor

On 10/3/2014 graycatsrule said: I have this problem whenever I drop off a return at a USPS branch that's located in a gas station. I always leave it and haven't had an issue with it not making it to the q. It's never happened when I go to the 'real' USPS.

Well this was a "real" USPS. A large one, too. I never heard of a post office at a gas station! Really?

Esteemed Contributor

I put all my returns on the porch for the postman to pick up....I never get a receipt and I have never had a problem...he takes it away...and about a week later..I get notice that my return has arrived and credited to my account...

Super Contributor

On 10/3/2014 circles said:

I put all my returns on the porch for the postman to pick up....I never get a receipt and I have never had a problem...he takes it away...and about a week later..I get notice that my return has arrived and credited to my account...

Nice! I've noticed it happens on the V304 type labels.

I wonder why?

Above the barcode, on the right the V304 labels are invalid for some reason!

Strange!

Super Contributor

I am sure if the packages could not go forward to QVC, the USPS would have sent them back to you as there is a return address with your address on the return label.
Super Contributor

On 10/3/2014 circles said:

Same here.
Super Contributor

On 10/3/2014 gazelle77 said: I am sure if the packages could not go forward to QVC, the USPS would have sent them back to you as there is a return address with your address on the return label.

Well QVC was very pleased I did not leave them there, because if they got lost, or sent to someone else, then I would not get refunded without a receipt with proof I left them there.

They've sent me new barcodes, not because they are bored, but because they know the barcodes on my return label are not valid.

So, if you want to gamble, go right ahead. But are you certain you had V304 above your barcode? Because it appears that is the one that is having a problem.

If you ordered J271451, for example, and wanted to return it because the dove has one eye (which it does), it would have a V304 above the barcode on the label. V304 is the problem. Not the USPS--the label.

Edited to fix word.