Regular Contributor

November Insider- Disappointed that Joan Rivers wasn't given "Top Billing"

I think it is absolutely "insane" for lack of a better word to have Lori Grenier on the cover of the November Insider instead of Joan Rivers. There is a beautiful picure of Joan on page 3, with a nice statement from the CEO of QVC. Had her death been too late to put her on the November cover (She died first week of September and probably the October issue had gone to press,) I would understand. I find it disrespectful and a really poor decision. There was only one Joan Rivers. Period, end of story. One chance for QVC to put her on the cover in Memoriam. After the millions of dollars and millions of laughs she brought to the Q and to all of us, I think it was the wrong move. Lori could have waited as hopefully she will be around for a long time. I realize there were tributes elsewhere on QVC and the home page. This is just my thought about the Insider. I understand the purpose of the Insider is to advertise future shows and products. I still think Joan Rivers trumps all of that...it's only one month's cover QVC.

Super Contributor

Re: November Insider- Disappointed that Joan Rivers wasn't given ""Top Billing""

Agree!

Honored Contributor

Re: November Insider- Disappointed that Joan Rivers wasn't given ""Top Billing""

First, many of us don't get the Insider. Second, the q IS using many thoughtful ways to memorialize Joan. For example, I have some JR on Waitlust and received a very nice note regarding how her waitlist orders are being handled. I think over time there will be more, but I see this as absolutely no disrespect.
Super Contributor

I don't see it as being disrespectful. How have they handled other much-loved QVC vendors who passed away and who also contributed significant sales to the Q over the years?

I think the tributes the Q has done for Joan fully reflect the love and respect of their relationship, and that there is a time to move on.

Money doesn't talk; it swears. --Bob Dylan
Regular Contributor

I hear what you're all saying. I just wanted to express my opinion. To me (my own opinion) Joan was bigger than life, both at QVC and in the world. It's hard to compare her to anyone else. And yes, not everyone even knows what The Insider is. It's such a small publication. It would have been an easy and nice thing for QVC to do. And yes, all of the tributes that were done at QVC were very tasteful, I do agree.

Honored Contributor

This is the second thread I've seen from OP about this.

Someone is always going to be disappointed with how Q handled the Joan situation. Joan's clothing is going to be shown on Oct. 13. Jill will be the host. I wonder if it will be a tribute show?

I just don't understand why people think QVC should continue on and on with tributes to Joan.

Honored Contributor

Don't get the insider and don't care who is on the cover ..... my guess is that these publication articles are prepared months in advance .... and if they'd told Susan Graver she was on the November cover, it would have been WRONG to bump her from the cover to put Joan on it.

If you want yet another Joan tribute (which I feel has gone on far too long!), I believe People magazine has one on the newsstands now. {#emotions_dlg.unsure}

Honored Contributor

Joan has been on the cover of many a magazine. Somehow, I don't think not making the cover of the Q Insider, received by only a fraction of QVC's customer base is a slight. The inside photo and note are lovely and, I think, appropriate. I'd also agree that the Insider was probably planned and edited well in advance.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I also agree.

Contributor

On 10/2/2014 LipstickDiva said:

This is the second thread I've seen from OP about this.

Someone is always going to be disappointed with how Q handled the Joan situation. Joan's clothing is going to be shown on Oct. 13. Jill will be the host. I wonder if it will be a tribute show?

I just don't understand why people think QVC should continue on and on with tributes to Joan.

On and On and On. I don't get all of the sudden adulation for Joan Rivers. I have huge respect for her energy and work ethic; but it's not like she was Mother Teresa... I remember growing up that my Mom would always change the channel when Joan Rivers appeared due to her foul language and mean spirit. Just sayin......