Not applicable

QVC LAZY BOY PICK UP NIGHTMARE

QVC needs to stop selling oversized items to the state of maine. I ordered a LAZY BOY that was defective and have been told that a "common carrier" must pick up. They actually said that UPS cannot handle that weight --- when it was UPS that dropped it off!!!! So, they won't have UPS pick up and the box will be sitting outside blocking my front door for WEEKS....the carrier says it can be a MONTH. That means NO credit, NO nothing, unsightly large box....and it makes it look like I'm not home....magnet for burglers. QVC should NOT ship to a location where a customer has to wait this long for a pick up and credit of defective item. PS...if anyone wants to help at QVC (my 8 calls to date have I believe have resulted in nothing) the oder # is 4529787926 -- UPS comes every day and is happy to pick up....so do the right thing QVC and fix this!

Valued Contributor

Re: QVC LAZY BOY PICK UP NIGHTMARE

UPS picked up my returned couch from Wayfair.com. Can not imagine the Laz e boy being heavier. I would call UPS directly and ask them.

Honored Contributor

Hope this works out for you and really, there's no excuse for it not to... They need to take responsibility.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Super Contributor

BigBuyer, may I ask what was the defect? I'm curious because this same thing happened to me. They were pushing the fact that the chairs (I ordered 2) would arrive by Christmas, which they did, both were defective, and it took weeks for them to pick them up. It was a huge inconvenience because of the space they took up in the garage, with guests and family coming for the holidays. Oh, and one of my chairs had been a return, with that "quality control" QVC sticker on the box.

Both of my chairs had defective hardware on the same side, as though one guy worked one side of the assembly line, and another guy without a clue worked the other side, assembling the parts backwards and squishing them to the point of no possible repair.

Yes it was an inconvenience and I was really annoyed that LZB has this poor quality, but Qz did arrange to have them picked up, no charge, and I do appreciate that in spite of the wait. Somehow, though, I felt an apology was due. - Bird

PS lesson learned: no more lzb lol!

Honored Contributor

Could this have anything to do with 'boy itself? I ask that only because friends of mine had a horrid problem with them directly last winter. It was bad enough that I decided not to order a recliner I'd gone into a local store to sit in. Liked the chair, heard their story, decided to keep on looking.

Honored Contributor

This is why I would never order something like this from QVC. It pays to shop locally.

Esteemed Contributor

QVC can sell over-sized products --- buy "why-o-why" would someone order it???? Isn't it easier to shop at one of ur local stores to see what ur buying ---- comfort-wise, price, comparison-shop, check a variety of materials, etc.

Respected Contributor

On 9/29/2014 kivah said:

QVC can sell over-sized products --- buy "why-o-why" would someone order it???? Isn't it easier to shop at one of ur local stores to see what ur buying ---- comfort-wise, price, comparison-shop, check a variety of materials, etc.

I SO agree with this. A friend of mine bought a huge tv (from QVC) Even had her entertainment center modified to fit it. I would never make an expensive electronic or large furniture purchace from QVC. I want a local retailer in case something IS defective.

Honored Contributor

I like to try sitting in various chairs, in person.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Esteemed Contributor

Many viewers assume because it's on the Q, the products must be high quality -- and low prices. The Q had endless shows around Labor Day showing Serta mattresses. I needed 3 brand new mattress sets - and drove 7 minutes to my local mattress store and bought them. I laid on the mattress, compared prices, worked with the manager of the store, rec'd free delivery, free bedframes, no tax --- and best of all, I'm completely satisfied with my purchase. If I had a problem, they would take care of it in a NY minute.