Frequent Contributor

QVC invoice total didn't match the credit card amount charged

Please compare your QVC invoice total to the amount charged to your credit card. I have found a discrepancy on a recent order. The amount charged to the credit card was higher than the invoice total. I contacted QVC Customer Service promptly, and was surprised and disappointed that they stood by this practice. They recognized they made an error, but would not remedy the amount charged. I was flabbergasted. I contacted my credit card company, and thankfully, they (the credit card company) credited my account. I just wonder if other QVC customers have experienced this? Is this legal? I like QVC's products, presentations, and return policy, but I am concerned about the accuracy of their billing.
Green Bay, Wisconsin
Trusted Contributor

Re: QVC invoice total didn't match the credit card amount charged

What was the price difference, and why did QVC say they would not correct it?

Frequent Contributor

KYToby, the price difference was about $7.00. It might not seem like much, but I clip coupons and I watch every penny. The reason QVC wouldn't correct it was because they said they didn't charge me enough for shipping & handling on the original invoice. I would expect a company to contact the consumer if there is an error in the total amount. QVC did not contact me; I discovered the discrepancy while checking my credit card statement. I want other customers to check their credit card charges carefully, as I would think this has happened to others.
Green Bay, Wisconsin
Trusted Contributor

I agree. If they messed up, they should at least make contact and get approval before charging a higher price. Actually, for the sake of the customer experience, they should "eat" the difference and take steps to ensure it does not happen again.

I am happy your CC company could help.

Honored Contributor

I always write down the final cost and compare that to the invoice. Fortunately, I've never seen any differences.

But while we're talking about companies/customers not watching the details - I just realized CVS has not been crediting my beauty club account for a long time, apparently because somewhere along the line they changed things a bit and I never signed in to their website and brought my account up to date. I casually wondered why I was never reaching a new plateau, but never realized until just now that there are all kinds of other deals I've been missing!

Calling them tomorrow!