Contributor

I am disappointed in some of my reviews never making the cut. I thought that even it wasn't a 100% positive review, it would still get posted. What is the point of being able to state your honest opinion if it is not allowed? This has happened several times. I take great measures to give specific descriptions of an item, take the time to think it out - only to have it "poofed". The are generally positive reviews, although once and a while there is a dud item. I try to think back as to what I did wrong - one time I think it was because I made a comparison between 2 different QVC items and my opinion wasn't "liked". I caught on to that rule, steer away from comparing 2 QVC items in a review, and I still get "rejected". I rely on other reviewers myself and I value and respect their opinions, both good and bad. I feel my opinion is just as valuable - but apparently not. You would think they would let me know what I did wrong, instead of me guessing and taking it personally.

Honored Contributor

Re: My Reviews Never ""make it""

I've written hundreds of reviews and have only had a couple rejected, although I'm not shy about "telling it like it is". You need to read the guidelines for posting reviews, then you'll probably see why they weren't acceptable.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

I review just about all that I buy, and only one don't make the cut - I compared a QVC purchase (favorably) to a well-known label, and I would guess that is why it wasn't posted. Looking back, it makes sense.

Cogito ergo sum
Respected Contributor

They are pretty picky. It's not always what you say but how you say it. Sometimes it tells you after you hit submit why it's not allowed. It could be a simple word they have auto censored.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Honored Contributor

Yep same here. I just simply stopped trying. I think maybe one or two out of my 6 or 7 I tried made it. I see TONS of posts that go against their reviewing standards that post - like you are NOT suppose to mention other brands in your review but it happens in most of the reviews. I know none of mine went against their reviewing standards either- for example, how can "I did not like the color and the texture of this lipgloss" be rejected? Seriously. {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

In my opinion, QVC tries to skew the reviews by only allowing a certain number of negative reviews (or less than 4 or 5 star ones). The only time they can't do this is if the majority of the reviews are bad for a product then it would look too obvious if a product has been on for years and only has a half dozen reviews.

Isn't it also interesting that even when you ask why they didn't post your review, they cannot tell you exactly?

Honored Contributor

Are you giving them several days before you check? Do you scroll way down to the bottom to see if there is a red notice with the words you are not supposed to use? I have a few one star reviews scattered in my history and I don't think I've ever had one rejected, except for those "bad" words.

Super Contributor

Lela,

Same here! If I dare say any negativity ... I get poofed. So trying to make an educated decision to purchase a certain item is useless, because only the positive, non-comparison reviews are usually posted, and thus, many "returns" are created because of it .... a $7.95 bonus to the USPS.

Respected Contributor

On 9/22/2014 SeaWinds said:

Lela,

Same here! If I dare say any negativity ... I get poofed. So trying to make an educated decision to purchase a certain item is useless, because only the positive, non-comparison reviews are usually posted, and thus, many "returns" are created because of it .... a $7.95 bonus to the USPS.

There's too many bad reviews out there to think they are monitored. They definitely don't like comparing. You're supposed to be reviewing the product in question, not the one you like better. I'm pretty sure I had one rejected for the same reason.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Contributor

Thanks depglass for the tip that I may not have waited enough days to see if my review was posted. It was actually posted when I checked tonight. I spoke too soon on this subject for this particular item, but I still stand by my opinion based on some of my other reviews of the past. I have seen far more critical reviews and opinions for items that others have purchased, and I respect the unbiased honesty of the reviewer - I'm just looking for that same opportunity to share. I carefully think before I write and don't want it "thrown out." One last thing - there should not be "guidelines" for expressing an opinion - unless that opinion is offensive and inappropriate.