Contributor

When Antonella gets "excited" over jewelry

Has anyone else noticed how she breaks into baby talk when she wants us to think she's excited over jewelry? I change the channel; I can't believe a grown woman stoops to such a stupid, obvious sales trick. Ugh!

Super Contributor

Re: When Antonella gets ""excited"" over jewelry

have to agree with you! I used to really like her, she seemed so down to earth but her over the top antics have really turned me off. She does seem like a very nice and genuinely happy person. A lot of the hosts now are using sales tactics (like asking people to order things for them) that are a turn off for me but I guess they work for lots of people because more and more hosts are doing it,
Super Contributor

have to agree with you! I used to really like her, she seemed so down to earth but her over the top antics have really turned me off. She does seem like a very nice and genuinely happy person. A lot of the hosts now are using sales tactics (like asking people to order things for them) that are a turn off for me but I guess they work for lots of people because more and more hosts are doing it,
Contributor

A lot of people love her but I'm not one of them. The way she pronounces words drive me nuts, immediate click.

Honored Contributor

I like Antonella....and at least she doesn't dance, prance, twirl, and tell inside jokes.

Honored Contributor

I like her too, even though I agree, to a point, that she's not coming across quite as genuine as she once did... Then again, almost none of them is and I guess they really can't, given, more times than not, the merchandise they have to try to convince us is 'exciting', isn't... She does tend to gush and cackle a bit more than would seem necessary too. I find a little of Antonella goes a long way.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Super Contributor

that laugh, I can only take so much of it, it truly hurts to listen to it...

Honored Contributor

I've never been able to watch her for long periods. She seems to laugh at everything….whether it's funny or not. Must be a nervous laugh, but it can get annoying after awhile.

Contributor

Antonella has a bubbly personality. While obviously every piece is not going to be to her personal liking, her job is to sell/represent that piece to best advantage for the viewers selection. Every host has to feign enthusiasm for items at times. However don't think Antonella is typically over the top. She truly is a jewelry aficionado. Haven't noticed the "baby talk" but will watch for that.

Respected Contributor

Antonella seems like a lovely person but personally, as of late, I can only take her in small doses. She seems to laugh at everything whether it seems appropriate or not. It often sounds like nervous laughter.