Frequent Contributor

Did anyone TRY to watch the Dooney presentation with Lisa and Sue Saturday night?

I should preface by saying, I think it was Saturday night. They were presenting a bag on clearance and I was hoping to purchase the bag. Apparently the models also wanted the bag and when colors began to sell out, all heck broke loose. They were yelling over to Lisa to order this one or that one, Lisa was yelling at the show's crew to make sure to order for this model or that model and she was running from the models back to the presentation table and back again...it was chaotic.

Sue, always professional, stood there and looked totally embarrassed (I thought).

Ordinarily, I would have just shut it off. But I really wanted the bag. However, wanted to make sure I saw the full presentation of the interior and exterior before investing that kind of money. Sue barely got to describe it.

I'm sure selling the same thing over and over again is boring and sometimes the hosts have to have a little fun. But I really wanted to hear about the bag and I couldn't give a hoot what the models want or don't want.

By the time Lisa let Sue speak again, all but two colors were gone, neither of which I wanted. I guess its good I save myself a few hundred dollars but I really wonder if the hosts think the "zany" stuff is entertaining. I for one can't stand it and only keep it on if I am seriously interested in a product.

A similarly annoying thing lately: Jayne Brown was presenting some top that the model was wearing and I think it was off shoulder....Jayne started to sort of hum that old strip tease music....and then again, and again, and again. Every time the designer or her co-host tried to get a word in, she did it again and no one was responding..just trying to insert their presentation. Finally she stopped.

What is going on there? Are they all so bored they have to act up?

Respected Contributor

Re: Did anyone TRY to watch the Dooney presentation with Lisa and Sue Saturday night?

I saw it. It is a sales tactic. I fell asleep soon there after. Woke up and they were pushing the lazy boy.
Frequent Contributor

Re: Did anyone TRY to watch the Dooney presentation with Lisa and Sue Saturday night?

LOL. You're smarter than I am...I could have used the sleep.

Well, I hope they really did sell those bags to the models because they lost a sale from me.

Trusted Contributor

It is a sales tactic which appears to be effective. They did not lose a sale (you say they sold out in the color you wanted); you lost a bag you wanted (but saved moey which is always good).

Frequent Contributor

Good point. You are right. They didn't lose a sale. Rats.

Honored Contributor

The thing to do in a situation like that is to put the bag in your cart immediately. If, after the presentation, you don't want it, you can remove it.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

On 9/15/2014 kachina624 said: The thing to do in a situation like that is to put the bag in your cart immediately. If, after the presentation, you don't want it, you can remove it.

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Good advice...

I don't mind these sort of antics. I get it that a lot of folks just want the items presented, but I'm all for anything that breaks the monotony.

Personally, I also quickly check out anything I might want on-line. It doesn't take the place of a presentation, but can answer some of my questions without waiting for the host or vendor.

Sorry you missed out on the bag. If by any chance it was the Clayton, it's back in chestnut and both natural and black are available on WL, and it's still on EP, albeit only four... I have this one in black and love it.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

How many more Dooney shows are we going to have to endure?

Honored Contributor

On 9/15/2014 Tinkrbl44 said:

How many more Dooney shows are we going to have to endure? {#emotions_dlg.crying}

WE???? We don't endure. We like those shows and we buy. As soon as we stop, they will also.

Honored Contributor

No need to endure them at all, ever... If they aren't of interest, there's no law of the universe that says anyone must watch. The vast majority of QVC programming is no longer of any interest to me whatsoever, and so, while I advocate for better programming and more variety, I'm surely not going to sit and watch something in which I have no interest or that I otherwise find annoying! Others have that same freedom. Of course, those who enjoy Dooney also have the freedom to watch. It's all about choices! While I agree Dooney is one of only a handful of remaining brands that QVC seems intent on running into the ground, watching or not is ultimately our choice!

In my pantry with my cupcakes...