Honored Contributor

got a good letter today from the Q

Yeah, I rcvd a letter/note from Jane Treacy today thanking me for being such a loyal customer, she sent me a coupon for 5 easy pays on an item.

Way to entice me Jane!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Respected Contributor

Re: got a good letter today from the Q

Really? That's pretty nice. Glad you got a coupon.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Valued Contributor

Nice! Five easy pays is great - now start shopping

Super Contributor

Why not a 20 % off coupon and free shipping if you are such a great customer?
Esteemed Contributor

I also got the letter for five easy pays for being a good customer. Before opening, I thought it was the too much "cancel and returns" letter. Smiley Happy It's nice to get something; however, HSN sends me a $l0. off any item at least six times annually. They, also, do very nice packaging, and they always send samples and lit along with your purchase. That's nice, too. I noticed Dimitri James from ShopHQ sends a nice letter along with your purchase. I think it would be nice if the Q did something with their packaging instead of tossing it in two plastic bags.

Honored Contributor

I got one the other day, also. Who knew? I'm not a fan of JRT, but I never imagined she'd be a fan of me. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

New approach by having these coupons come from a host. I'm sure Jane had nothing to do with it. Just QVC marketing.

Trusted Contributor

Jane may not have had anything to do with actually sending the coupon, but, I'm sure she hopes people keep shopping; I know I did, when I worked in retail, long ago.

Pretty hard to keep your job, if your company isn't selling and making a nice profit to cover those pay checks!

Honored Contributor

On 9/10/2014 gazelle77 said: Why not a 20 % off coupon and free shipping if you are such a great customer?

Like BBB where, you know, the prices are high to start with and if you don't use a coupon for nearly every item you're buying, you are overpaying! It's been more than a decade since I bought anything at BBB without a coupon. They price everything assuming you will have a coupon for it, even things costing less than $5!

As for the QVC offer - millions of shoppers would be most happy to get what OP was excited about instead of being nasty. It's a great offer - and since everyone doesn't get it all the time as BBB customers do, it makes it an actual deal.

Honored Contributor

On 9/12/2014 millieshops said:
On 9/10/2014 gazelle77 said: Why not a 20 % off coupon and free shipping if you are such a great customer?

Like BBB where, you know, the prices are high to start with and if you don't use a coupon for nearly every item you're buying, you are overpaying! It's been more than a decade since I bought anything at BBB without a coupon. They price everything assuming you will have a coupon for it, even things costing less than $5!

As for the QVC offer - millions of shoppers would be most happy to get what OP was excited about instead of being nasty. It's a great offer - and since everyone doesn't get it all the time as BBB customers do, it makes it an actual deal.

I've never found BBB prices to particularly high at all.

In fact, just this week I purchased some decorative finger tip towels for $9.99 each, before coupons were applied. Kohls has the exact same towel currently on sale for $13.99 with a ridiculous stated regular price of $19.99 per towel.

And whenever I go to BBB, I always pick up the large size of BarKeeper's Friend that they carry. It's much less expensive than the regular size at my supermarket.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland