Contributor
When I ordered Susan Graver's cardigan TSV last Thursday the color I selected showed available and stayed that way for several hours. Then 3 days later it said Backordered on my Order Status page. Then a day after that I received an email stating such. This is irksome. How do they choose whose order goes out and whose is on backorder? Was it because I ordered online instead of over the phone? Unless I cancel, which I'm considering, I assume I'll receive someone's return (yuk). Is this the end of the world? No. Just aggravating.
Esteemed Contributor

I've had this happen several times with various products. Usually you will get the item you ordered, but it may take some extra time - how much, they won't be able to tell you. CS told me that when this happens, it's because someone didn't get a correct count on inventory. They basically "oversell" the product. I've never gotten someone else's return, but I have had a couple of occasions where I didn't get the item at all or I got something slightly different than what was shown. And whenever this has happened, I ordered online while the item was still in stock, sometimes as long as through the next day.

Don't know whose fault this is, I have had QVC blame the vendor, and the vendor blame QVC. I just don't think it should happen.

Edited: I did get someone else's return on a Carolyn Pollack piece...it was very obvious and I sent it back. It was defective.

Honored Contributor

I really don't think anyone lied. With computerization things happen and they have no control over it. Usually there will be many who cancel orders which will leave product available. That has happened to me on all the shopping channels as well as other on line venues.

Honored Contributor

Unlike some retail entities that have the capacity to tell you how many of any item actually remain, like so other of their business processes, it seems the Q's inventory (warehousing and shipping...) systems are mired in the past.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Super Contributor
Same thing has been happening to me and recently on the recliner covers. Now mine are listed as back ordered. I ordered 2 of them. The problem is that I bought 2 of the matching couch covers??? So over I think $300 and only a partial order. I went ahead with couch covers because I don't know what to do??? I got the letter too. Does the letter mean they can't get more? So frustrating. I have had this happen a lot since July and no back orders, but one or two, ended up shipping and they were someone's return!!!
Super Contributor
Well, my order was cancelled. Same story as poster. This has happened to me several times and also it is taking forever for my orders to process. Also, orders being sent to the wrong address. It really effects my confidence to buy. I won't even be getting a yucky return this time like I have been getting so often lately. If it's something you really want I guess make several orders with different shipping rates to guarantee you MAY get it. Like the OP said, it's not the end of the world, but luckily I'm finished with Christmas shopping so I'm not going to watch or buy.