Regular Contributor

On the Lisa Robertson show last night she mentioned at the beginning of her show that there had been some kind of drama on her facebook page? She then went on to thank individuals on facebook who evidently defended her? What is all this about?

Respected Contributor

There are references to it in the Fashion Forum (in the G.I.L.I. post). Evidently Lisa has a hard time with criticism.

Super Contributor

I don't know about the drama she is referring to - but I do know that she has regulars who defend her, and I am beginning to think they are "plants". I don't care for Lisa Robertson, but it is nothing personal-there are hosts that I prefer to her.

Trusted Contributor
On 9/7/2014 txskies said:

I don't know about the drama she is referring to - but I do know that she has regulars who defend her, and I am beginning to think they are "plants". I don't care for Lisa Robertson, but it is nothing personal-there are hosts that I prefer to her.

Glad to see there is someone else out there who wonders about some of the more (let's just say "enthusiastic") LR fans.

Super Contributor

Seems like if there is a lull in her attention on air or in a special presentation, i.e., being over in Europe selling gold, etc., some kind of "drama" pops up to give her more attention here on the boards and keeps her name and such on everyone's tongue. Kind of interesting, isn't it? The timing, that is. Keeps her prominent and relevant.

Honored Contributor

Interesting, well lets just not give her the time of day any more and see what shakes out.

Respected Contributor

La Lisa has a very hard time with criticism, everything gets poofed if it is not flattering. she and the "other one" are VERY protected.

Don't worry, be Happy!
Honored Contributor

I don't do FB, but from what I gather, apparently there are actual adults who post some extremely rude, nasty stuff on this host's (and probably elsewhere) FB page. What compels people to do that is beyond me, as it is beyond me to have read over the years here posts about people e-mailing rude comments to hosts.

Isn't it enough that one is able to vent here and do so anonymously? Is it really necessary to seek out someone's FB page or go out of your way to e-mail them with cruel remarks? That just doesn't seem like normal, mature behavior.

So I'm not surprised that at some point a human being might make a quick mention of being grateful for those who do not engage in such asinine behavior. I can't fault her or any of the others for an occasional mention. I don't watch religiously, but I've seen enough of the hosts to know that any such comments are limited. They don't often refer to such things.

IMO, the appropriate target is not the host herself but should be the people who seem to leave that important self-censoring filter at the door when they enter this cyberworld.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Super Contributor

Great post, suzy, and I couldn't agree more.

Honored Contributor

I agree too suzy3; just because you are able to post comments doesn't mean that you should post anything to someone's wall.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼