New Contributor

For God's Sake ... Could they take a minute to acknowledge her death?

This is ridiculous. They have this obnoxious Susan Graver on and they can't take 30 seconds to acknowledge Joan River's death? Shame on them.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: For God's Sake ... Could they take a minute to acknowledge her death?

What do you expect them to do - break in on the show and make an announcement? I don't think that would be appropriate.

Honored Contributor

Didn't they acknowledge other long time vendors when they died? Jeanne from Quacker Factory and the nice gentleman who sold jewelry.

Honored Contributor

On 9/4/2014 kittymomNC said:

What do you expect them to do - break in on the show and make an announcement? I don't think that would be appropriate.

QVC has done it in the past for Kenneth J Lang, Norman Miller, and Jeanne Bice

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Super Contributor

Different people tune in, and out, all the time. They can't keep announcing it every ten minutes so that every single viewer is made aware.

Super Contributor

Stop and think a minute! They can't let the on-going show host know in the middle of a show, they might fall apart. It may be a four-hour show, and the host doesn't yet know Joan has passed. They must be able to continue working, it's a live broadcast .

Don't be so indignant, and use your brain. They can't just go off-air while a host breaks down, what are you thinking???

Esteemed Contributor

On 9/4/2014 Remee said:

Stop and think a minute! They can't let the on-going show host know in the middle of a show, they might fall apart. It may be a four-hour show, and the host doesn't yet know Joan has passed. They must be able to continue working, it's a live broadcast .

Don't be so indignant, and use your brain. They can't just go off-air while a host breaks down, what are you thinking???

Thank you for making the point much better than I did! They may do it between shows, but not in the middle of one - these women on air were friends of Joan!

Super Contributor

On 9/4/2014 SPURT said:

SPURT, NOT WITIN AN HOUR OR SO OF THEIR DEATH. THEY WAITED FOR ALL TO BE INFORMED AND GATHERED THEMSELVES. WHY ARE YOU SO OUTRAGED????

KittyMom, NC...I always love your calm and intelligent posts..and I always agree with you. We seem to have the same points of view.

Esteemed Contributor

On 9/4/2014 Remee said:
On 9/4/2014 SPURT said:

SPURT, NOT WITIN AN HOUR OR SO OF THEIR DEATH. THEY WAITED FOR ALL TO BE INFORMED AND GATHERED THEMSELVES. WHY ARE YOU SO OUTRAGED????

KittyMom, NC...I always love your calm and intelligent posts..and I always agree with you. We seem to have the same points of view.

Thank you, Remee, what a thoughtful comment. I'm actually a little teary-eyed right now, and this post hit me wrong. I'm watching Leah Loves Shoes, and I may be mistaken, but it seems that Leah is not quite her usual "sparkling" self. It's just something on her face...I would imagine that she may have found out during the break. I don't remember seeing her with Joan, but I'm sure she must have known her.

Honored Contributor

Actually, Shawn found out about Jeanne's death during a break. She said that as they went to a break, the producer pulled her aside, told her Jeanne had passed away and that she had to go on air and make the announcement and bam. The cameras were up and she made the announcement.

I was stunned that is the way it was done.