Occasional Contributor
Moments after ordering, I cancelled. My acct showed the WEN item as cancelled. Received an email confirming the cancellation. Three days later I received an email notifying me of my order shipment! I called cust svc and she told me the "good news"...I wouldn't be responsible for shipping when I return it. Really?? Wow, thanks. I've never posted anything on any board, but this kind of bad business just frosted my cookies.
Occasional Contributor

Re: Q Shipped a Cancelled Item!

I'm becoming less and less impressed with QVC.

Esteemed Contributor

if you are home when its delivered....refuse it....then you won't have the bother of taking it to the post office....

Occasional Contributor

Thanks, circles. Will do.
Super Contributor

Another business would have just told you to keep the item at no charge (for the product) since it was their error.

Honored Contributor

You mean QVC isn't perfect? Mistakes happen. That's life. Just return it as they said, you aren't being charged to do so.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Super Contributor

Someone posts about a frustrating experience and there always has to be a condescending comment about how 'that's life'.

Yes, mistakes happen but it was the Q's mistake and she shouldn't have to go to the bother of returning it. In the old days Q would have told her to just keep it, and that's what they should have done this time. It's just good business. It's ridiculous that they didn't do that since it's a loss they can very easily absorb. And it was their mistake after all.

That's life, right?

Occasional Contributor

At least you were able to cancel. What is with the inability to cancel within hours of purchase? Ordered a top I thought my daughter would like but when I talked with her she said she has lost so much weight on her diet, the size I ordered would be too big. "No problem" I said "I can cancel it" since it was ordered at midnite. "Sorry your order cannot be cancelled" -- was the msg on-line. Say What??? It was just ordered. Anyone else have this experience? It is the second time it has happened to me. Oh, where is the old and caring QVC?{#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

Frequent Contributor

On 9/4/2014 lovejohn said:

At least you were able to cancel. What is with the inability to cancel within hours of purchase? Ordered a top I thought my daughter would like but when I talked with her she said she has lost so much weight on her diet, the size I ordered would be too big. "No problem" I said "I can cancel it" since it was ordered at midnite. "Sorry your order cannot be cancelled" -- was the msg on-line. Say What??? It was just ordered. Anyone else have this experience? It is the second time it has happened to me. Oh, where is the old and caring QVC?{#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

Yes, it's happened to me.

I have since read that when it happens to keep trying and it should work eventually.
Too late for my order but I will remember / try in the future.

Trusted Contributor

It's aggravating and frustrating. It's also a simple mistake; I don't know of any business that doesn't make mistakes now and then. It also doesn't make it less annoying when we're on the receiving end of the mistake, I know.

I had a similiar experience with Nordy's recently. I ordered two pair of pants, on line, because they didn't have them in the store. A short time after I ordered, I got a call from the sales associate in the department, telling me the pants had just come in and she would snag my size and colors and hold them for me.

I cancelled my order, but, the next day got a shipping confirmation. I called right away, thinking maybe they could stop the shipment. Nope. And NO, LOL, they most definitely did Not tell me I could keep the pants.

If you are shipped an item that you never ordered, then yes, you have the right to keep it. That's to protect you from being conned into paying for something that you never wanted, with threats against credit, etc. Shipping mistakes happen and I can't imagine companies saying "oh just keep it". DANG, I wouldn't have minded having a couple of extra pair of pants, for free!