Honored Contributor

Now the pages are too big for my browser

I have to continually use my arrows to go left or right when I'm reading a post. Very annoying. QVC, you don't have any idea what you're doing. Get a new programmer or provider. This one just can't get it right.

Regular Contributor

Re: Now the pages are too big for my browser

Try holding the Control key and the number 0.

Trusted Contributor

Have not had any of these problems; very confusing, why would some people have them and not others?

When I'm just browsing on line, etc, recreationally, I almost always use an older laptop; it's a Dell folks, and LOL, it's been greatWinkold enough that i'm running Vista, though, I've updated IE. (I need to replace this laptop, eh?)

When is the next Dell show{#emotions_dlg.lol}(the devil made me post that, but, seriously, I've had excellent luck with their line, both at home and at work).

Honored Contributor

On 8/27/2014 Judaline said:

I have to continually use my arrows to go left or right when I'm reading a post. Very annoying. QVC, you don't have any idea what you're doing. Get a new programmer or provider. This one just can't get it right.

It's up to YOU to adjust the font size. {#emotions_dlg.unsure}

Honored Contributor

The problem is they have to write different code for the different machines accessing their site. You can adjust the size by holding down the left control key and scrolling your mouse wheel up and down. That's if you have a mouse.

Honored Contributor

On 8/27/2014 SUHSE39 said:

Have not had any of these problems; very confusing, why would some people have them and not others?

When I'm just browsing on line, etc, recreationally, I almost always use an older laptop; it's a Dell folks, and LOL, it's been greatWinkold enough that i'm running Vista, though, I've updated IE. (I need to replace this laptop, eh?)

When is the next Dell show{#emotions_dlg.lol}(the devil made me post that, but, seriously, I've had excellent luck with their line, both at home and at work).

Hi, SUHSE39! The problems showed up for some people and not others because it was specific to the server they connected to. QVC uses a "content delivery network" (CDN) which allows the website to be available to numerous different servers across the country.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

On 8/27/2014 depglass said:

The problem is they have to write different code for the different machines accessing their site. You can adjust the size by holding down the left control key and scrolling your mouse wheel up and down. That's if you have a mouse.

Right. In fact, there are several ways to do what's called "zoom in" or "zoom out" on a computer.

For example, on a PC you can press the CTRL key and the "-" (dash or minus) keys simultaneously to zoom out, or press the CTRL and the "+" to zoom in. For Apple, it's the Command key and the "-" or "+" keys pressed at the same time to zoom out or in.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

I never thought QVC was the cause of the problem when suddenly all my screen was oversized and when I went to my View menu and changed the Zoom to 100%, everything on all the websites I use was back to normal.

I use a Dell, no mouse, and sometimes it's overly sensitive and takes on a mind of its own. Nothing to do with QVC at all.

Honored Contributor

You might check your computer's settings. I have never had this problem and I have a smaller sized laptop.

Esteemed Contributor

Confusing thread? Go to the settings on your tool bar make sure they are not up too high. If that is not the problem change the resolution on your computer. Do you have this font with all the web pages or just QVC This has never happened to me.