Trusted Contributor

Veggie Burgers - Hosts need to TELL us the ingredients!!! :(

Shame on QVC for not telling us the ingredients of these horrible burgers.

Veggie burgers are supposed to be a healthy alternative to ground beef and other meats. Well, steer clear of these nasty burgers - because one of the "fun" ingredients is MSG!! I can't eat that because it gives me horrible headaches. Anyway, the ingredients are not listed online anywhere. And David raved about these??! If I want to watch actors, I would have turned the channel.

And besides not being healthful, they are full of fat and have zero flavor to them. 7 grams of fat to be exact. Don't waste your hard earned money.

Honored Contributor

Re: Veggie Burgers - Hosts need to TELL us the ingredients!!! :(

They should state ingredients. Also, hosts should say if they are vegan or not.

Contributor

In the first place these are YUMMO burgers! I am on my second order. The ingreds are veggies. When you receive the package the ingredients are easily seen and listed. I am on Weight Watchers and the points plus value for one is 3. I am verrry sensitive to MSG and if it was in there I would have noticed. Did I mention YUM, sometimes I eat 2 at once, and I use my Qvc rangemate with some olive oil. Happy Dance all around!
Trusted Contributor

On 8/18/2014 Deeeeeeeeee said: In the first place these are YUMMO burgers! I am on my second order. The ingreds are veggies. When you receive the package the ingredients are easily seen and listed. I am on Weight Watchers and the points plus value for one is 3. I am verrry sensitive to MSG and if it was in there I would have noticed. Did I mention YUM, sometimes I eat 2 at once, and I use my Qvc rangemate with some olive oil. Happy Dance all around!

Well, you need to re-read the package because it clearly states MSG....and you are obviously are not as sensitive to MSG as you claim.

The ingredients are NOT just veggies, but a whole host of fillers like soy, cream of mushroom soup (yuck) and a bunch of other garbage.

And I'm not talking about when you receive the package you can read the ingredients. I'm talking before you purchase stuff like this. Many people have either food sensitivities or just don't like putting junk (chemicals and preservatives) in our bodies. Hosts should read the ingredients to the consumer since they don't bother posting it on their website. Otherwise I would have never bought them.

Super Contributor

These burgers are nothing more than processed food and 7 grams of fat is a lot of fat; MSG is not good either. They probably taste "good" because of the enhancements from the fat and MSG. Just because they have veggies in them doesn't make them "healthy". Potatoes are healthy until you deep fry them in oil and salt them when they come out of the fryer; then not so much. This is a marketing tool. They are highlighting the veggies and not telling you about the cream of mushroom soup, fat and MSG. Companies add these things to food, to make the food addictive and make you want to buy more and more of it. Food scientists get paid big bucks to assess scientifically the thresholds of fat, salt and sugar that are needed to produce an irresistible product that a consumer is compelled to buy over and over again. In fact, the food industry term for a consumer is "user" and the number of times you return for a purchase is called a "hit". Both terms are synonymous with addiction and fat, sugar and salt are just that-addictive.

Contributor

Yummo!!!!!, Happy Dance! Happy Gal! Weight Watcher Leader Approved!