Frequent Contributor

So frustrated with QVC right now!

I ordered a green quilted Joan Rivers barn jacket and was really looking forward to wearing it this fall. Got my package and opened it to find someone else's order, a pair of black pants by Susan Graver. The envelope was addressed to me and the tracking info had been sent to me. So why did one of the packers think it was just fine to put someone else's order and their packing slip in my envelope and send it on its way???

CS was very sympathetic and offered to ship me another one, but it's now out of stock in my size. So not happy! They did refund my charges, but there wasn't much else they could do.

I knew there were lots of complaints about their quality control and people receiving items that appear to be "as is" when they should have been brand new. Just didn't know there were problems with orders being sent to the wrong people as well. If anyone gets a green quilted barn jacket by JR in size large by mistake, please let me know!

Honored Contributor

Re: So frustrated with QVC right now!

Disappointing and yet, it happens. Some of it could certainly be better managed with more of a quality assurance focus, but in fairness, whenever there's both volume sales and a human factor involved, mistakes do happen. It just seems that maybe they're happening more than they used to. As for the jacket, I could be wrong, but I'd guess they'll get it back in.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Frequent Contributor

They may very well get the jacket back in, and I may not have needed it as much as I thought I did anyway! I order quite a few things from the Q, although I don't order near as much now as I used to a couple of years ago. This is the first time I've ever gotten someone else's order. Given the human error factor, that is probably pretty amazing too when I really think about it.

Honored Contributor

Things happen and I would think it wasn't done by a packer who thought it was just fine to put someone else's order and their packing slip in her envelope and send it on its way. Everything is probably automated and not just one person packing an order the whole way through. Nobody wants a mistake to happen with their order but it does happen considering the high volume of orders they ship. They should have given her a gift card or something since the item was no longer available in her size though. HSN did give me spendable cash a few years ago when something like this happened to me.

Respected Contributor

Too bad. It is disappointing when you were looking forward to having the jacket. It was just an error. This means that there is another jacket out there that you will like even more!,
Respected Contributor

I am sorry this happened to you anniebear.

Valued Contributor

I just hate inefficiency and mistakes----shopping at brick and mortar ensures you receive what you want-----if one store doesn't have it, they will get it from another one
Esteemed Contributor

On 8/19/2014 sylviahomeatlast said: I just hate inefficiency and mistakes----shopping at brick and mortar ensures you receive what you want-----if one store doesn't have it, they will get it from another one

I agree at least you know what you are receiving when you go and buy the item in person. And no shipping and handling fee's, I find I am buying less and less from QVC. Have a nice day!

Trusted Contributor

I had something similar happen, Anniebear. I ordered a Susan Graver top and received a Quacker top in another size. Sent back with a note. SG top sold out. {#emotions_dlg.glare}

Esteemed Contributor

anniebear, I'm sorry you were disappointed. I had this type of thing happen to me a year or so ago, once with some shoes, and once with a Susan Graver order.

But this time, I did receive the Joan Rivers jackets that I ordered and am sending them back - a green one and a red one, but unfortunately they are a medium, not a large. They're going back for several reasons - the green one fits everywhere except it's too tight across the back shoulder area. I think I've seen a couple of reviews that say the same thing. Funny thing is, the red one fits fine, but the matching "brown" plaid scarf I ordered is not brown, it's BLACK where it's supposed to be brown! I specifically ordered these to wear with brown sweater and pants, and to wear the scarf with other brown things in my wardrobe. But it's just as black as black can be--very pretty and soft, but I can't use it for the purpose I bought it for. Don't know what happened on the color.

I hope you can get your green jacket. The jackets are somewhat puffier than I thought they would be, and I don't particularly like that. Good luck...maybe someone will return a Large!