Contributor

Major annoyance! Anyone share it?

Hi all,

I have a major issue with a newer trend that I'm seeing everywhere. I'm sick of people telling me how busy they are. I bet most of us work, many of us have kids, hobbies, etc. Why do people brag about being sooooo busy now-a-days? I posted this question in "Q did What?" for 2 reasons: 1). I'm newish to creating a discussion and wasn't sure where to put it, and 2). I've noticed more and more QVC hosts posting how busy they are and their lack of sleep. I believe we all create by choice how busy we are in life. Also one more question.....How do I reply to a post on here? I can't figure it out. Thanks Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: Major annoyance! Anyone share it?

There should be a green bar under the poster's name that says New Reply. Click on that, scroll down, and you will see a blank box that says post a reply. Yes, I agree with you about the busy thing. We should feel guilty if we don't have 10 games a week to drag our kids or grandkids to. Actually have time for a sit down dinner? Horrors, you are neglecting something. I personally lead a very serene retired life and I like it this way.

Contributor

depglass: I don't have a green bar under the poster's name. This is what yours looks like on my computer below. I wonder if it's because I use a Mac and not a PC. Thanks for the reply. You have a serene life because you created it. It sounds wonderful. I'm still in my 30s but that's the life I want when I'm retired.

08/13/2014 at 12:46 PM23578 PostsRegistered 11/14/2006

Super Contributor

Heather, if you're signed in, just scroll down past the last post and there's a "Post a Reply" box. Type your reply in that.

If you are wanting to quote a post, at the bottom of the post there's a "quote" button. If you click on that the post will show up in the Reply box in a grey shadow box, then you can reply under that.

Contributor

On 8/13/2014 okiebug said:

Heather, if you're signed in, just scroll down past the last post and there's a "Post a Reply" box. Type your reply in that.

If you are wanting to quote a post, at the bottom of the post there's a "quote" button. If you click on that the post will show up in the Reply box in a grey shadow box, then you can reply under that.

Hey I did it! Thanks for the help Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I agree, about the "so busy" not only from hosts, but even the sackers at the grocery store. I say "How are you today?", and get a "I was up all night studying, and am sooo tired." Makes me feel like I should just not say anything to people.
Honored Contributor

My pet peeve is when you say "Hey, how're you doing?" as a friendly greeting and the person begins a laundry list of things that are wrong in their life ...... sheesh! {#emotions_dlg.crying}

Honored Contributor

You get what you ask for.

How about changing your question? What good has happened to you today? Aren't you happy the weather is so beautiful? What a beautiful day! or whatever else comes to mind that is more positive and less open ended. It can change the entire direction of how that short interaction goes.

Honored Contributor

I know I'm sick of hearing that everyone is a ""busy mom"". Moms aren't any busier today than they've always been. More of them work but they also have many more labor-saving devices. Why do we never hear about ""busy dads""?
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

On 8/13/2014 kachina624 said: I know I'm sick of hearing that everyone is a "busy mom". Moms aren't any busier today than they've always been. More of them work but they also have many more labor-saving devices. Why do we never hear about "busy dads"?

You'd think dads would be even busier, since men can only do one thing at once, so they can only get a quarter as much done as women {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}