Occasional Contributor

Where are the Birkenstocks? There are not many on the site; mostly sandals and just a couple pair of clogs. Why, oh, why? It is apparent that Birkenstock is being/has been replaced by Vionic (UGH!). Why get rid of a very good product? I can't wear any other shoe but a Birkenstock. Oh, well, there are other vendors from which to purchase.

Honored Contributor

Re: Please, say it isn't so!

That's our Q, they can only play nicely with a single vendor or two of any given type at a time... Otherwise, they're afraid they'll overwhelm us with actual choices...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Super Contributor

I miss the Birkenstock shows also. I cannot wear Othoheels so I don't watch the shows. I liked to buy Birkenstocks on QVC because they had many with backstraps which I need, so I guess I will just get my Birks resoled when they need them. I haven't been able to find any Birkennstock with back straps on line.

Trusted Contributor

Hi, cajungal! You can find Birkenstock on HSN these days. They just premiered there not long ago.
Contributor

On 8/11/2014 MJDinHawaii said: Hi, cajungal! You can find Birkenstock on HSN these days. They just premiered there not long ago.

Thanks for the info. I just looked on HSN.com, but I don't see any of the cuter styles that QVC had. They only showed the 'clunkier' styles. I, too, cannot wear Orthoheals. I tried, but my feet just don't like them!

. . . and to think, on the 'Today' show, they said on various occasions, "how popular Birkenstocks are this year"! Even Dillard's is selling them, but again, not the styles that I have purchased from QVC over the last 10 years!

Respected Contributor

Yes, I like Birkenstocks much better than the other style. Luckily, I have plenty of Birkenstocks.

Honored Contributor

I don't know where the Birkis are, but I do know I'm loving my Orthaheels. They're much better on my feet and back than my Birkis and definitely not as clunky looking. Because I can't ever wear really decent shoes, I'm so pleased to have Orthaheel styles.

Occasional Contributor

From the very beginning of the Orthoheels presentations, I surmised that OVC was going to do away with Birkenstocks because of all the hype and promoting of the product and the fewer and fewer of Birkenstock shows. I never have felt that I was wearing "clunky" shoes. I guess because my feet are happy and comfortable. What a difference Birkenstock has made for me. Of course, if one is happy with other brands, so be it but; for those of us who depend on our Birkie's, it is aggravating. QVC must have an investment in Orthoheel (Vionic) and are probably profiting from it.

Super Contributor

Nothing can replace Birkenstocks!! Vionic shoes/sandals are not even close to comfort level of birkis!

Honored Contributor

I saw the Birks shown on QVC one day ....... I didn't know they still made them!

I thought they stopped selling them about 30 years ago!