Contributor

Did anyone else just hear Caroline say, "Hurry up and order this for me so I can be ahead of everyone in line?" Really! How inappropriate and I like to watch her too. Let's let the description of the clothes, models, and style encourage customers to want to buy.

Trusted Contributor

The entire show was inappropriate. Everything ""slimming"" to a ""size large gal""? even the dip dye shirt where the lightest part highlights the stomach and hip area like a billboard? Lisa was given a workout to sell and even had to shout ""shut up"" once during the show.

Regular Contributor

Sounds like the hosts are getting pressured to sell and it is starting to wear them down. These comments seem so out of character for them, especially Carolyn.

Esteemed Contributor

I saw the show this am and thought that Carolyn was just over excited at hosting fashion and makeup. She's only done a few of these shows and I think that she's just so thrilled with it all that she wants to share when something really fits on a curvy figure. I didn't take any offense to it because it was out of character for her. I agree with Lexie that the hosts must be getting more pressure than normal to sell, sell, sell. The other thing to remember is that the hosts get a 30% (approx.)discount as employees and freebies from some vendors so that makes a big difference in what and how many purchases you make. I like Carolyn as a host and am glad to see that QVC is expanding her role.

Esteemed Contributor
On 8/11/2014 NYwoman said:

The entire show was inappropriate. Everything "slimming" to a "size large gal"? even the dip dye shirt where the lightest part highlights the stomach and hip area like a billboard? Lisa was given a workout to sell and even had to shout "shut up" once during the show.

I really did not get that look on that dip dye shirt!! In an ombre colored top, always thought the darkest section should be at the bottom where the hips/stomach are found!! Darkest area hides, lightest area highlights!

Esteemed Contributor

it saddens me to read/see/hear Carolyn behaving like the other Hosts....she was the one Host that I enjoyed watching because she is so down to earth.... this new behavior will certainly change my mind about her...

Frequent Contributor

Talking about Carolyn Gracie, did anyone hear her say last sat-" where is Leah and (someone else,I forget who,) "I will have to crack the whip." She then tried to cover it by saying -"oh they are the nicest people". I was aghast at that remark. I am sure it just slipped out inadvertently, but OMG!

Occasional Contributor
On 8/11/2014 Plain Ann said:

Did anyone else just hear Caroline say, "Hurry up and order this for me so I can be ahead of everyone in line?" Really! How inappropriate and I like to watch her too. Let's let the description of the clothes, models, and style encourage customers to want to buy.

Yes, I heard Carolyn say that and had to rewind the DVR to make sure I heard it right. I've watched hosts on the other shopping channel order an item while they are on the air but they also specifically point out that they (the hosts) are put to the back of the line. In other words, customers come first. I'm just happy I don't wear Carolyn's size.

Respected Contributor
On 8/13/2014 TwoWhiteCatsandAChicken said:
On 8/11/2014 Plain Ann said:

Yes, I heard Carolyn say that and had to rewind the DVR to make sure I heard it right. I've watched hosts on the other shopping channel order an item while they are on the air but they also specifically point out that they (the hosts) are put to the back of the line. In other words, customers come first. I'm just happy I don't wear Carolyn's size.

I don't like Carolyn as a host. For me she's just too loud and this nonsense of "Order this for me" sounds like a tacky, unprofessional, desperate sales tactic. It may work for some, but for me it is a huge turn off.
Honored Contributor

I have never been motivated to buy something just because the host wanted it.

Doesn't make any sense!