Respected Contributor

Photo's no longer being shown in the item descriptions?

If memory serves me correctly you used to be able to see a photo of whatever was being offered in a listing of items. All photo's accompanied each item bring shown for purchase.

Now you do not see any photographs so when you click on items that have been aired you just see a long list of each item and description, with a video link to click on, but the photograph that used to be shown by the item is no longer shown.

I have neither the patience or time to click on each one just to see if it would interest me, and I certainly do not want to read the full descriptions, or have to click on each video in order to actually see the item.

Please QVC bring back the photographs right next to the item descriptions, as shopping with this new format makes me really lose interest to buy, and I hope this is taken under consideration.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Photo's no longer being shown in the item descriptions?

That sounds strange. I just went to Items Recently On Air, and I can see the pictures. Also if I go to an earlier show or one from yesterday, the pictures show as well. I'm tech challenged, so I don't know what the problem might be, just wanted you to know that I can see the pictures. There are people here who are very tech savvy, so maybe they will be able to help.

Super Contributor

oP , a few days ago I couldn't see the customer reviews on products , but they re-appeared the next day . I believe they're working on the website , so that may be the reason . I was advised that I might need to update my browser too , but things appear to be back to normal again . Maybe the photos will return on your computer again soon .
Honored Contributor

I can see the photos and the videos. (iMac and Firefox 31.0) It's always good to try a different browser, or delete cookies and cache and quit and relaunch the browser. When a website makes software changes, sometimes existing cookies or cache will cause problems.

hthSmile

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Respected Contributor

This is what I see and I cleaned my firefox cookies...still no photo's near each description...help.....please need more suggestions, and thanks much.

Best Seller
QVC Price: $269.00 Featured Price: $249.00
Available for 4 Easy Payments
<input id="cbSelectToCompare1" class="cb" type="checkbox" name="partNumber" value="J294514" /> <label class="cbLabel" for="cbSelectToCompare1">Select to Compare</label>
or
Speed buy
<input id="cbSelectToCompare2" class="cb" type="checkbox" name="partNumber" value="J295811" /> <label class="cbLabel" for="cbSelectToCompare2">Select to Compare</label>
or
Speed buy
<input id="cbSelectToCompare3" class="cb" type="checkbox" name="partNumber" value="J295716" /> <label class="cbLabel" for="cbSelectToCompare3">Select to Compare</label>
or
Speed buy
<input id="cbSelectToCompare4" class="cb" type="checkbox" name="partNumber" value="J294526" /> <label class="cbLabel" for="cbSelectToCompare4">Select to Compare</label>
or
Speed buy
<input id="cbSelectToCompare5" class="cb" type="checkbox" name="partNumber" value="J296480" /> <label class="cbLabel" for="cbSelectToCompare5">Select to Compare</label>
or
Speed buy
<input id="cbSelectToCompare6" class="cb" type="checkbox" name="partNumber" value="J294531" /> <label class="cbLabel" for="cbSelectToCompare6">Select to Compare</label>
or
Speed buy
Recently On Air
QVC Price: $189.00 - $249.00 Featured Price: $175.00 - $229.00
Available for 4 Easy Payments
<input id="cbSelectToCompare7" class="cb" type="checkbox" name="partNumber" value="J318527" /> <label class="cbLabel" for="cbSelectToCompare7">Select to Compare</label>
or
Speed buy

Page View: Gallery | List | Text Only
<label class="inlineLabelLeftOfSelect" for="selProdSort">Showing 1-7 of 7 items|Sort By:</label>

Esteemed Contributor

I am not seeing videos on many items....and if I do...I can barely hear them...anyone have trouble with the sound...and I do have it all the way up...on the video and on my computer...

Esteemed Contributor

No problems with videos or sound on my computer.

Super Contributor

About half the items I looked at today, had video as the default rather than photo. I wonder if that's what OP means? The photos are available, but you have to know to click on the tab that says "photo" rather than "video".

Every time QVC does this, people complain that they want the photo default back. A few will say they prefer the video default, but they're greatly outnumbered. I don't know whether QVC does it deliberately, or if it's an unexpected side effect of some other bit of code-fiddling they're doing. It does usually revert back to the photo default after we complain a lot.

Honored Contributor

On 8/10/2014 Clover29 said:

About half the items I looked at today, had video as the default rather that photo. I wonder if that's what OP means? The photos are available, but you have to know to click on the tab that says "photo" rather than "video".

Every time QVC does this, people complain that they want the photo default back. A few will say they prefer the video default, but they're greatly outnumbered. I don't know whether QVC does it deliberately, or if it's an unexpected side effect of some other bit of code-fiddling they're doing. It does usually revert back to the photo default after we complain a lot.

Clover29, perhaps that's the problem?

adoreqvc, I can see the photo on all the items you listed in Post #4. Try clicking on the tab for "photo" or "video" as Clover29 suggested.

By the way: adoreqvc, What do you see in the spot where the photo would normally be displayed?

circles, The sound seems normal on the videos I tested. Can you give us a specific item number for one that has a sound problem? tia!

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

(Check to be sure your Adobe Flash Player is current -- I checked, and my version is 14.0.0.145.)