Frequent Contributor

About a week ago, I received a card from QVC, saying because it's your birthday, referring to mine, they wanted to reward my loyalty sending me a tote bag, the only thing I had to do was order a qualifying order from August 1-August 31, which I did this morning from lunch time specials, as usual I order online, this afternoon, I was thinking if because I ,,had ordered from LTS, if for them it was a qualifying order, so I call customer service to ask, and was told that, there had been an offer but it was from July1-July 31, I was also told that I should qualify, having placed another order in July. I kept on telling the rep that my card clearly showed August, it went back and forth, I know what the card says, it's like, making me feel like a liar, at the end the rep was rude, and told me that it's a promotion, until supplies last. What should I understand from this? has anyone received this kind of offer? did they ever get the tote? or does QVC do this to entice customers to buy? It s not that I need the tote bag, but it's the principal, of being offered something and then being denied.

Respected Contributor

Re: QVC's Happy Birthday card.

I would hold my ground.

(Incidentally, I've never received an offer of this kind.)

Honored Contributor

why don't you scan the card with the August dates and email it to them? That should clear it up.

Honored Contributor

I've never received such a card or heard of anyone who has. Strange.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I've also never heard of a Q tote bag. Something new?

Honored Contributor

Never heard of this one. I know some customers have gotten birthday Easy Pays, but I've not gotten one of those either. I'm guessing, but could clearly be wrong, that the free tote bag is nothing to write home about, and I guess it doesn't surprise me that they would mix up the dates and that CS would be none the wiser. QVC is no master of customer incentives by a long shot.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

I received the same offer. Mine stated that if I ordered $200 worth of merchandise during the month of August using my Q Card account they would send me a tote as a "birthday present." However, when I tried to place an order using my Q Card it wouldn't go though. I haven't used the card in a long time and without my knowledge they had lowered my available credit line to $125 (it had been $2000 the last time I checked). So, obviously there is no way I could spend $200 during the month of August!!!

It is annoying to be made a "birthday offer" that is impossible for me to obtain. Plus, just the idea that I need to spend $200 in order to be "given" this so called "gift" is insulting to me. Also, it would have been nice if they had informed me that because I hadn't used my Q Card in a while they lowered my credit limit. This certainly doesn't make me want to use it now!

Member Since 11/20/2008
Honored Contributor

On 8/8/2014 Divine said:

I received the same offer. Mine stated that if I ordered $200 worth of merchandise during the month of August using my Q Card account they would send me a tote as a "birthday present." However, when I tried to place an order using my Q Card it wouldn't go though. I haven't used the card in a long time and without my knowledge they had lowered my available credit line to $125 (it had been $2000 the last time I checked). So, obviously there is no way I could spend $200 during the month of August!!!

It is annoying to be made a "birthday offer" that is impossible for me to obtain. Plus, just the idea that I need to spend $200 in order to be "given" this so called "gift" is insulting to me. Also, it would have been nice if they had informed me that because I hadn't used my Q Card in a while they lowered my credit limit. This certainly doesn't make me want to use it now!

Boy, that stinks... Another slam dunk Q promotion... As noted, masters of customer incentives they so are not...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Super Contributor

Who would want such a tote bag? Really?
Trusted Contributor

I did receive this offer for my birthday last year. If I remember correctly I had to place an order during my birthday month (July) using my QCard. I did receive the tote bag but it took awhile for me to receive it. It's not like it was mailed out with my order. It's actually a pretty nice tote ~ I mainly use it for grocery shopping. I don't know, I thought it was a nice offer...