Honored Contributor

FLYING OUT OF HERE/NO RE-ORDER

I don't understand the need for this "FLYING OUT OF HERE, ALMOST GONE", etc. It causes me to hit automated dial to place an order and then later cancel when I have the time to check customer reviews or go online to read the details of the product. 9 times out 10, I end up canceling my order. I know the hosts want to SELL SELL SELL but this HARD SELL is a little annoying!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: FLYING OUT OF HERE/NO RE-ORDER

you have to learn to ignore the hype.....and go online to check those reviews first....:0)

Honored Contributor

Let them fly , and save your money. There will always be something else another time.
Trusted Contributor

Very few things fly out of the q that fast. Even when they say they're sold out on a TV many times waitlist is available on line. It's mostly if not all hype.
Honored Contributor

And the constant "let me interrupt to give you an update"... Who cares? If I want something I'm going to order it and if I don't want it then no amount of hype is going to put me into a shopping frenzy. They must think an awful lot of their viewers are completely gullible or highly suggestible... Who knows, maybe they are... But the updates every two minutes are fully annoying and often lead to "off it goes"... Honestly, they can't even present an item anymore because they're too busy giving updates.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

speaking of just that, stevieb....I decided to watch ITKWD last night...something I rarely ever do....it was so annoying how obsessed David was with "updating" us on the colors available...which color was going to be the first to sell out....how many has sold....I could not believe how many times he interrupted Meredith while she was presenting the TSV...and Laura while she was presenting the Kitchenaid products....the other vendors, too....but those two had the most colors of what they were selling....I finally had to change the station...it was too much....

Honored Contributor

On 8/7/2014 circles said:

speaking of just that, stevieb....I decided to watch ITKWD last night...something I rarely ever do....it was so annoying how obsessed David was with "updating" us on the colors available...which color was going to be the first to sell out....how many has sold....I could not believe how many times he interrupted Meredith while she was presenting the TSV...and Laura while she was presenting the Kitchenaid products....the other vendors, too....but those two had the most colors of what they were selling....I finally had to change the station...it was too much....

They seem to recently have put new emphasis on showing colors. They are doing it on clothing shows too. They're going over them twice, which is rather a burden when something comes in 15 colors. David is being told to do the colors again. Not his idea.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Frequent Contributor

I actually have a question about this. When they say ""no reorder"" does that mean if I like something and want to buy another in a different color or even the same color to have as a back up they won't sell it to me?

Respected Contributor

Sullw, when they say that it means once they sell all available stock, they will not be reordering from the manufacturer. For me, that tactic is a turnoff too. Use the time telling me the details of the product. I'm sure they do it because it helps move sales. The data scientists have this down to what specific phrases cause people to buy and what ones do not.
Honored Contributor

On 8/7/2014 circles said:

It really is too much... It might have the desired impact in that perhaps there are people unlike the OP who feel pressured to place an order and who don't cancel... but it clearly induces the opposite reaction in some of us, as off it goes, and I can't imagine that's the desired intent... And yes, they clearly go over colors many times. It's important that potential shoppers know their options, color and otherwise, but the incessant updates as to what's flying and what's going to be first to go, past a point, are superfluous and irritating.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...