Super Contributor
Okay I'm risking posting after a month away and being subjected to nasty comments about whining, but I don't feel sorry for myself, I am just so annoyed. I haven't purchased an item on QVC for a month...my account is still open because I still have things to return and I might want to buy something....mainly Isaac Mizrahi whom I can't find anywhere else. I had actually decided not to return any more items after my "too many returns letter." Then today I got a letter saying I bought too many items by check which I then cancelled! I never buy by check. I do make a lot of cancellations. Or did. But why send a letter to a customer who stopped buying!? So I was on the phone with CS and the rep, after aggressively saying she could cancel my account, hung up on me! So I called back and spoke to a supervisor who is sending my issues to corporate, like that matters to them. Anyway, I still have items within the 30 days from receipt which I was going to keep. Now I a going to pack them up and send them back. I told the supervisor my savings from the Q got me a $2k Gucci bag. Anyway, there must be big trouble at the Q to be sending so many letters out. they are opening in France, where I don't expect success, had to give up 51% ownership of their operation in China to the government, and have some other financial problems if you run a search online. But they are losing money by alienating me. We all know they are sending out returns as new, the packaging is a complete mess, and dumping some great vendors like Kirks Folly. Who is in charge? What happened to the old Q that I loved? Oh well, apart from my Gucci splurge, I am saving money. Just have to sell my QVC bags on EBay.
Trusted Contributor

Re: New letter re cancellations

QVC must be losing money on people who return more than average or cancel orders (hold inventory and then don't buy). They rely on demand of the moment and if it's on waitlist or soldout most people will just forget it. So by the time you cancel they've lost other demand for the product. That's all I can think of as to why you're getting ""the letters"". Sorry. I'll bet the Gucci bag is nice!

Super Contributor

Gucci: The best bag I ever had. I adore it. I understand business, but with the volume of my purchases, huge,they were still making money, the last 2 years were rough, and shopping is therapy for me. I was home bound. I looked back several years and two years I bought nothing...one year 7 items and returned 6! But no letters. They are singling out high volume purchasers. But if I spend $1500 in one month, and return $500, they are still making money! Especially with their outrageous S+H. Every order, they are making $10, whether I keep it or not. And especially since they are sending out returns as new items. it is clear they either have a management change, or are having financial issues. Maybe it will work for them, but I don't think so. The biggest loss for retailers is shoplifting, and the Q doesn't have that. They are just greedy.
On 8/4/2014 Deb1010again said:

QVC must be losing money on people who return more than average or cancel orders (hold inventory and then don't buy). They rely on demand of the moment and if it's on waitlist or soldout most people will just forget it. So by the time you cancel they've lost other demand for the product. That's all I can think of as to why you're getting "the letters". Sorry. I'll bet the Gucci bag is nice!

Honored Contributor

QVC listed returns as being a problem in their annual report to stockholders. Since it's a problem affecting their bottom line, they're trying to fix it. You apparently were using "check hold" to reserve items which made them unavailable to other potential buyers. Why you chose to attack Q employees for something you did is a mystery. Return your items; you have your Gucci bag. Now everyone will be happy.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

If returns are affecting their bottom line, they could fix part of it by sending out products of quality and correct sizing! If they continue to ignore quality control, their returns are going to increase - simple fix. Don't send people defective products, and fix the incorrect sizing issues on clothing items!{#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

Regular Contributor

On 8/4/2014 Nikalette said: Okay I'm risking posting after a month away and being subjected to nasty comments about whining, but I don't feel sorry for myself, I am just so annoyed. I haven't purchased an item on QVC for a month...my account is still open because I still have things to return and I might want to buy something....mainly Isaac Mizrahi whom I can't find anywhere else. I had actually decided not to return any more items after my "too many returns letter." Then today I got a letter saying I bought too many items by check which I then cancelled! I never buy by check. I do make a lot of cancellations. Or did. But why send a letter to a customer who stopped buying!? So I was on the phone with CS and the rep, after aggressively saying she could cancel my account, hung up on me! So I called back and spoke to a supervisor who is sending my issues to corporate, like that matters to them. Anyway, I still have items within the 30 days from receipt which I was going to keep. Now I a going to pack them up and send them back. I told the supervisor my savings from the Q got me a $2k Gucci bag. Anyway, there must be big trouble at the Q to be sending so many letters out. they are opening in France, where I don't expect success, had to give up 51% ownership of their operation in China to the government, and have some other financial problems if you run a search online. But they are losing money by alienating me. We all know they are sending out returns as new, the packaging is a complete mess, and dumping some great vendors like Kirks Folly. Who is in charge? What happened to the old Q that I loved? Oh well, apart from my Gucci splurge, I am saving money. Just have to sell my QVC bags on EBay.

You keep having the same problem and try to open a thread to stir things up. Return the darn items or sell your Gucci bags and close this case! Please stop beating this dead horse.

Respected Contributor

I agree with kittymomNC. The quality has really gone downhill. I checked and in a ten year period, I had two returns. That was through 2010 or 2011. Since then, the quality has continued to go downhill and I have to return a lot more often due to defective merchandise. The fix is to return to previous levels of quality instead of kicking customers to the curb. They have identified the wrong root cause, IMHO.
Honored Contributor

On 8/4/2014 kittymomNC said:

If returns are affecting their bottom line, they could fix part of it by sending out products of quality and correct sizing! If they continue to ignore quality control, their returns are going to increase - simple fix. Don't send people defective products, and fix the incorrect sizing issues on clothing items!{#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

I absolutely agree. I know there have been some rough years recently and maybe they're still having a hard time, I really don't know, but it seems to me that every aspect of this operation has deteriorated, and they are dangerously at risk of becoming 'all style (limited though it might be...) and no substance'.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

Here we go again. I remember the OP from last month.

Esteemed Contributor

I ordered Mally's TSV and just got it. Love it, except the lipstick crumbled when I opened it. Now, it's a 7 piece set and I'm going to have to return it all. I don't know if it was the heat that caused it or just defective. I don't want anyone preaching to me about returning items. Those of you who do not receive defective items on a regular basis or who have "never" returned an item, must just not buy very much. I doubt very much if I'm the "only one" out of the thousands sold that received a defective lipstick. My impulse is to just forget about it as the rest is good and it's too much trouble for me, but it's the principle of the thing.