Contributor

I have never had to return an time to QVC. I ordered a few items from the Christmas in July shows. I just opened one of the boxes yesterday and one item is damaged.

Do you have to pay a restocking fee? Does Qvc cover the shipping.

Can someone please explain how their returns work> i'm hoping it is as hassle free as they claim.

Thank you

Honored Contributor
Call and let CS know you are returning the item and why. They will put in the computer not to deduct return shipping fees from your refund. Also mark the return slip defective.
Trusted Contributor
On 7/31/2014 Tissyanne said: Call and let CS know you are returning the item and why. They will put in the computer not to deduct return shipping fees from your refund. Also mark the return slip defective.
Exactly. And if it's still in stock you can also check the replace box, and they won't charge for shipping again, but you still should call CS before you do anything. They may actually tell you not to bother sending it back and they may send out a replacement immediately.
Esteemed Contributor
On 8/2/2014 lizzief said:
On 7/31/2014 Tissyanne said: Call and let CS know you are returning the item and why. They will put in the computer not to deduct return shipping fees from your refund. Also mark the return slip defective.
Exactly. And if it's still in stock you can also check the replace box, and they won't charge for shipping again, but you still should call CS before you do anything. They may actually tell you not to bother sending it back and they may send out a replacement immediately.

Lizzief, I'm just curious. Have you actually had Customer Service tell you not to bother sending something back because it was defective? I've sent a lot of defective items back, from clothes, to shoes, to slicer/chopper gadgets, etc., but they've never told me that. It sure would make it a lot easier - I hate having to pack things up and send them back!

Super Contributor
Their return policy is good as long as you don't return more than they statistically have decided is acceptable. You should get your return shipping free. Just use the label and mark the pack slip DEFECTIVE. I ALSO would cross out the area on the postage label where it says $7.95 will be deducted from your refund.
Honored Contributor
On 8/2/2014 kittymomNC said:

Lizzief, I'm just curious. Have you actually had Customer Service tell you not to bother sending something back because it was defective? I've sent a lot of defective items back, from clothes, to shoes, to slicer/chopper gadgets, etc., but they've never told me that. It sure would make it a lot easier - I hate having to pack things up and send them back!

They just do this on items that might be problematic if re shipped, like food, broken glass, leaking liquids. Do not cross out anything on the shipping label unless you want it returned to you. Call and arrange to not be charged.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor
On 8/2/2014 kittymomNC said:

Another area in which Amazon is better than QVC.