Trusted Contributor

Christmas ornaments, not for Hanukkah

The Today's Special Value are very pretty Christmas ornaments from Cheryl's with cookies inside. In the presentation I watched they paired the gold and blue ornaments together and said it would be appropriate for Hanukkah -- I guess because of the colors. NO, they wouldn't. They are CHRISTMAS ORNAMENTS. I know the hosts and reps are always looking for as many ways as possible to sell these things and come up with ideas, but that was NOT appropriate IMO.

Honored Contributor

Re: Christmas ornaments, not for Hanukkah

Because Christmas ornaments are always good for Chanukah gifts, one ornament for each night?

As my husband says they are trying {#emotions_dlg.crying}

ETA, it comes as a set of 6 with 2 bonus , so it is good for Chanukuh so we are all set {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Respected Contributor

I find the shopping channels, especially qvc and jtv are very, very Christian oriented. Some hosts talk about their faith quite a bit. I don't see them trying to be inclusive of any other religions or cultures, other than Jane Tracy mentioning Hanukah, or a Jewish star being offered online very rarely. This is true even if vendors and or some management is of other faiths and culture. They play very much to the "heartland Middle America"- that is much of the audience.
Honored Contributor

On 7/31/2014 IMW said: I find the shopping channels, especially qvc and jtv are very, very Christian oriented. Some hosts talk about their faith quite a bit. I don't see them trying to be inclusive of any other religions or cultures, other than Jane Tracy mentioning Hanukah, or a Jewish star being offered online very rarely. This is true even if vendors and or some management is of other faiths and culture. They play very much to the "heartland Middle America"- that is much of the audience.

Very true and I really do not expect it to be otherwise, and that is OK by me.

Trusted Contributor

They are trying, and as someone who celebrates Chanukah, I would not be offended if someone were to give me one. As with any gift, it is the thought that counts, and the gift should be received graciously.

Shopping channels, of course, try to market to the most people, and QVC has (in the past) done C/Hanukah shows and sold Judaica. I think they should be lauded for their efforts.

Honored Contributor

Well, I suppose that's better than Nancy's comment about getting your Passover ham from QVC. {#emotions_dlg.sad}{#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

Trusted Contributor

On 7/31/2014 lolakimono said:

Well, I suppose that's better than Nancy's comment about getting your Passover ham from QVC. {#emotions_dlg.sad}{#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

LOL, yeah, I'd say so.

Valued Contributor

Wow! Did that really happen? Oh dear...{#emotions_dlg.sad}

Esteemed Contributor

I think it is very thoughtless of QVC not to have perhaps, a show for people who observe the Jewish Holiday's, if they have shows about selling Israeli jewelry .. we can learn about the richness of this ancient religion. Just a thought!{#emotions_dlg.glare}

Esteemed Contributor

On 7/31/2014 mewsmomtoo said:

Wow! Did that really happen? Oh dear...{#emotions_dlg.sad}

Nancy, should think before she talks.....WOW!