Contributor

Does anyone really care about her upcoming wedding? I've never seen her on air, but from previous commenters it seems she must be an annoying host. Someone at Q must like her to create all the fuss!

Honored Contributor

I've often wondered if she is somehow "connected". I thought at one time something was posted that implied she was. Still, there are other hosts I find no more capable and far more annoying, though I admit the whole "Courtney's wedding" thing is just ridiculous. Courtney demonstrates some very good hosting skills, but seems to be having a problem consistently doing so.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Occasional Contributor

Not me.

Honored Contributor

Of all QVC's hosts Courtney is the one I can't stand to watch (and definitely a channel changer for me) so I definitely do NOT care about her wedding or her personal life. QVC did the same thing with Amy's pregnancy and I'm sure the Q will venture into Amy's journey into motherhood.....QVC assumes that if we venture into the lives the hosts there will be a social bond that will lead to more sales ..... ""QVC is a family gimmick""......BUT all this means to me is time to grab my remote and switch the channel.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor
I have only seen glimpses of her on PM style, and on Super Sat. I guess somehow I have missed her.
Trusted Contributor

I've never felt a personal connection to any of the Host's, on any of the shopping channels, so, while, it's great if she's happily planning her wedding, it's not something that I would be likely to watch.

On the rare occasions I've seen her on air, I've not had a problem with her.

If she's sharing her wedding, I guess good luck to her. I will say, some of the post's regarding Amy's pregnancy, were downright weird in their viciousness.

Valued Contributor
It's not that I don't like her, I just think it's really inappropriate she and her fiancé are on the home page of a shopping network. Never seen Marybeth or Jill with their husbands. What makes Courtney so special? Not that I care to see Jill or Marybeth's husbands either. Note to QVC - be professional.
Esteemed Contributor

Not interested in the wedding at all.

A few weeks ago, I was going to order crab cakes from Dan Wheeler then suddenly Courtney had to interrupt and do her yummy face tasting routine. I immediately changed my mind about ordering. IMO she added nothing special to the Super Saturday event and actually created some distractions. Last night while watching PM Style, I changed the channel as soon as she did a promo about her wedding and the online activities. The more they promote Courtney, the less I'll be watching & ordering. My fingers are crossed that she won't be hosting the next Linea show.

I'm with SPURT. . .she has become my least favorite host, and like StevieB I've wondered about her connections. {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Respected Contributor

I wonder what makes a host so popular that they get to promote themselves? It's the same with Lisa Robertson (I wasn't saying anything mean about Lisa, so any of her fans, please don't get all up in arms). Not to say this in a mean way, but what makes a host so special that QVC would allow this?

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Honored Contributor
On 7/29/2014 NC Bandwagon said:

I wonder what makes a host so popular that they get to promote themselves? It's the same with Lisa Robertson (I wasn't saying anything mean about Lisa, so any of her fans, please don't get all up in arms). Not to say this in a mean way, but what makes a host so special that QVC would allow this?

I don't think it's the hosts promoting themselves. For whatever reason, it seems to me QVC thinks this new host-centered focus is good for business. I'm not convinced it is, but clearly someone in West Chester is... I think we're seeing this more for Lisa and the newer hosts than for those who have been around longer, though none of them is seemingly immune from the whole 'friend me on Facebook' spiel. It seems this is the Q's latest 'big thing' and we can expect to see more and more personalizing of the shopping experience until something else comes along or until they decide this isn't the game-changer they thought it would be... I still think part of this focus is to draw our attention away from the actual product mix, which more times than not these days is pretty boring, repetitive and otherwise not that big a deal.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...