Honored Contributor

They have absolutely the most boring presentations imaginable. It doesn't get much more stimulating than watch some unantimated person make soap suds. I don't usually buy Q cosmetics but I enjoy watching Laura Geller or Jamie, but Philosophy is one big snore. I don't know how they sell a thing.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

People love the scents.

Was Yuban, then changed to Plaid Pants due to forum upgrade, and apparently, I'm back to being Yuban.
Esteemed Contributor

and to think Philosophy gets hours and hours when they are on the Q....think of the bubbles she can make ....I don't watch any of the beauty shows.....

Esteemed Contributor

I guess I'll ask the same question once again: why do people watch QVC shows that they hate--other than for the sole purpose of having something to gripe about on the forums? I don't do anything that I hate or dislike unless I'm forced into it for some very good reason. So I guess someone is holding a g*n to some people's heads, making them watch all these horrible shows.{#emotions_dlg.scared}{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Super Contributor
On 7/11/2014 kittymomNC said:

I guess I'll ask the same question once again: why do people watch QVC shows that they hate--other than for the sole purpose of having something to gripe about on the forums? I don't do anything that I hate or dislike unless I'm forced into it for some very good reason. So I guess someone is holding a g*n to some people's heads, making them watch all these horrible shows.{#emotions_dlg.scared}{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Maybe their remote control is broken?{#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Was Yuban, then changed to Plaid Pants due to forum upgrade, and apparently, I'm back to being Yuban.
Esteemed Contributor
On 7/11/2014 Yuban3 said:
On 7/11/2014 kittymomNC said:

Maybe their remote control is broken?{#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Or maybe a gremlin snuck in and poured Philosophy "soap suds" on it???{#emotions_dlg.lol}

Super Contributor

I am not impressed with philosophy - hope in a jar smells awful and the face cleanser is way overpriced. I've never tried the body wash, if I were so inclined to I'd buy it at TJMaxx for 1/2 the price.

Honored Contributor

They sell to me because there are a few products I truly would hate to be without. I don't watch the shows very often because what I like has nothing to do with scents and bubbles and those two traits seem to be most popular among viewers - and buyers, too, I suppose.

That's pretty much how I buy WEN also - I'm not into trying a gazillion scents and Chaz doesn't excite me, so I don't have to watch. I think I have enough WEN either on hand or coming via an AD to last me well into 2015 - then I'll watch to see what's new.

Honored Contributor

It seems to be a popular line, but I've never purchased any of it.

One time I received a handful of free samples, with some order from Sephora or something, of this shower gel stuff from Philosophy. It was supposed to smell like cinnamon rolls (weird choice) and it was sooooo bad. It was truly wretched. I found a victim, to whom I gave the rest of them. Smiley Happy There's something for everybody I guess.

Honored Contributor

Philosophy 101: If the tv is tune in to another channel, does QVC make a sound?