Honored Contributor

Oh Look At The "Fun" The Competition Has In Store.......

Some customers have commented on the boring redundant programming on QVC especially the fair on weekends......Well fear not my friends......QVC's competition has come "to the rescue" with some uh.....shall we say "unique" viewing opportunities....which include more of the celebrity variety.....{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}. Now I will admit, their birthday give a ways are a thank you to their customers and I have no problem with that. Also, I disagree with Miss Moss and I'm so glad HSN still has craft shows which I enjoy, that QVC abandoned.....

Here's the scoop from Linda's Moss's Blog, Homeshippingista. I know its a bit old but the programs air starting on July 11th and some, like me, may not have heard "the news"....Some of the COMMENTS are also interesting.....

MINAJ, NENE AND THE SHAQ: WHAT DO THEY HAVE IN COMMON?

HSN is going to party-hardy for its 37th birthday, bringing us such polarizing celebs as hip-hop artist Nicki Minaj, “The Real Housewives of Atlanta” reality star NeNe Leakes and Melissa Gorga of the Jersey “Housewives.” Shaquille O’Neal will even be in the house.

We don’t know whether to laugh or cry.

The month-long home shopping shindig will include a $50,000 jewelry giveaway, which sounds like a great idea to us. Hundreds of baubles, ranging from fine gold and gemstones to fashion statement pieces will be awarded weekly via the HSN Arcade atHSN.com, the network said in a press release Tuesday.

On July 11, “fashion and beauty vanguard, global entertainer and multi-platform recording artist Nicki Minaj will once again push beauty industry boundaries with the exclusive launch of her latest fragrance MINAJESTY Nicki Minaj Exotic Edition on HSN,” the network said.

Here is something we will be sure to miss: a 24-hour Craft Event featuring Martha Stewart.

On July 28, “your favorite housewives will make HSN their new home for style,” according to HSN’s press release.

Leakes will introduce NENE LEAKES, her exclusive new fashion line for HSN. Gorga will also make her official debut on HSN with an exclusive line of fashion jewelry.

NBA great turned entrepreneur Shaquille O’Neal will cap off the month on July 31 with a special appearance on HSN to present new innovations from Monster.

http://homeshoppingista.wordpress.com/2014/07/02/minaj-nene-and-the-shaq-what-do-they-have-in-common...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

Re: Oh Look At The ""Fun"" The Competition Has In Store.......

I love HSN and I order a lot from them.

I'm also hooked on their arcade games.

Honored Contributor

I think HSN is gearing their programming for the young and hip audience......and even though I'm an NBA fan, I am definitely NOT a Shaq fan....{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

I'm sorry, but these celeb products/lines seldom seem to be successful, and I know just because a celebrity puts their name on it, doesn't mean they were actually involved in the creating or designing.....more like a final approval, now there might be exceptions but these seem to be few and far between.....But all I know it doesn't make me buy at all, in fact it has just the opposite effect on me ....I normally don't watch nor buy celebrity lines...with the exception of Martha Stewart, and Joan Rivers (sunglasses, Christmas ornaments, and one of her bee pins (which was for a gift).....

And look at QVC's FAILED celebrity lines---Jennifer Hudson Collection and Heidi Klum---all on clearance, then there is the K-Dash Line (who would want to look like the K Dash clan...PLEASE){#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

This is a pass for me. I can honestly say that I am not interested in any of these people and what they may have to offer.

Esteemed Contributor

WHAT????? NO KITTIES????

Then I won't be watching....

I have been going between HSN and ShopHQ all day....watching all the jewelry specials...but the ""allure"" of celebrities won't get me to tune in....usually that turns into a love fest between Host and ""Star""....all the gushing over them like they walked on water....

The Q. Hosts do the same thing...especially Rick when he is with Judith or Michael Dawkins...

Honored Contributor

On 7/9/2014 circles said:

WHAT????? NO KITTIES????

Then I won't be watching....

I have been going between HSN and ShopHQ all day....watching all the jewelry specials...but the "allure" of celebrities won't get me to tune in....usually that turns into a love fest between Host and "Star"....all the gushing over them like they walked on water....

The Q. Hosts do the same thing...especially Rick when he is with Judith or Michael Dawkins...

Hi Circles---maybe if Grumpy Cat came out with a line I would tune in.....{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Although neither HSN nor QVC have signed her, just for you, here is a kitty, dressed up like Lady GaGa....{#emotions_dlg.laugh}{#emotions_dlg.biggrin} Would you buy this outfit from this kitty? Wink

Esteemed Contributor

OMGoodness, SPURT......I burst out laughing....poor kitty...she doesn't look too happy being Lady Gaga.....but that's the price we pay to be a "star".....hahahahaha....

Thanks, for kitty, SPURT....you made my night....