Valued Contributor

My UPS order left of at the USPS ???

I was checking tracking. My order was at the UPS office 30 miles from my house at 2 AM, so since the UPS comes down my road every day, I figured it would come today. It didn't, so I checked tracking and NOW it is at the USPS !!!! What the heck is that about ???Seems stupid to me and a waste of time & $$$. No wonder shipping costs are sooo high !!! Now I don't know when I will get it. The PO has a way of routing things all over the State before they deliver.You know, sorting ,etc. Anyone ever have this happen ???

Esteemed Contributor

Re: My UPS order left of at the USPS ???

yes, it happens all the time....coming here or going back...I never understood why our product has to circle from place to place before arrival...how is this saving money....

the only thing "smart" about their smart label is that it finally makes it to its destination...

Esteemed Contributor

I haven't had one go from UPS to USPS, but my mail deliveries take longer because they come to my town, then they leave my town and go to another town (which I think may be some kind of regional center) and then they come back to my town and get delivered. What kind of sense does that make?

On an order I'm waiting for now, which says it shipped on July 6, the first entry on QVC's status page is that it was:

Picked up by the Shipping Partner (in my town) on July 7 (wonder how it got to my town?).

Arrived Shipping Partner Facility (in my town) on July 7. (wonder what the shipping partner facility is?)

Departed Shipping Partner Facility (in my town) on July 8 (going where?)

Electronic Shipping Info Received on July 8

Arrival at Post Office (in my town) on July 9.

So, QVC shows nothing about where it was shipped from on July 6, but apparently it's been floating around somewhere in MY TOWN since July 7. Today is the 9th, so what have they been doing with it prior to it being received at the Post Office today?? {#emotions_dlg.confused1} Sometimes it then has to go to the other town before it gets back to me, so I have no idea when I will receive it. I would just like to know what the Shipping Partner does with some of these packages - it's like they're out there in Never Never Land! And returning an item is the same way - I've had something sit at my Post Office for a week before being "Picked up by Shipping Agent".{#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

Super Contributor

When you place the order (if you do so online), use the drop down menu that shows the shipping cost. If you click on it, it gives options like UPS, USPS, express etc (if options are available. Sometimes they're not).

Don't let it default to "best". "Best" is best for QVC, not for you, and can mean that "surepost" thing where the item limps across the country by ground service, then takes an extra day to go to the post office and finally to you.

If you want UPS, you have to specify. I always prefer USPS, it's always faster to the west coast because it's air, not ground.

Esteemed Contributor

I said in my post above that I had not had an order go from UPS to USPS, but I was wrong. The one I was referring to above apparently started out as UPS, which I guess is how it got from wherever it started on July 6 to my town on July 7. Following is what happened to it from July 7, when it arrived here, until July 10, when I received it. So for three days it was floating from UPS to USPS right here in my town before it was delivered to me. That is the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen.

When it arrived today, I saw that on the order form label, in big letters it has "UPS MAIL INNOVATIONS", and then it has a postal service tracking number (which was not the tracking number shown on my order on QVC's website).

So apparently now QVC has partnered with UPS, and even if it starts out with UPS, it can end up with USPS. When I have something delivered by UPS, it is usually 2 days from ship date to my receiving it. This way it doubled the time to 4 days. So it was "tendered to the Postal Service on July 8 here in my town, but it didn't arrive at the Post Office until July 9?

Picked up by the Shipping Partner (in my town) on July 7 (wonder how it got to my town?).

Arrived Shipping Partner Facility (in my town) on July 7. (wonder what the shipping partner facility is?)

Tendered to Postal Service (in my town) on July 8

Sorting complete (in my town) on July 10

Out for Delivery on July 10

Delivered on July 10

I've already decided that what I order from QVC from now on will be few and far between, if at all. I know 4 days delivery is not that bad, but it's just the principle of the thing. It's just a convoluted way to ship something, in my opinion. I paid the same price, but doubled the shipping time.{#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Valued Contributor

Yep, I noticed that too - funny thing happened because I live literally 10 min away from the UPS local airport and my package was delivered there, so I could have picked it up if they let me! Instead it was sent to a town another 15 min away from me, and then came back a day later by USPS.

Thanks for the tip, Clover29. Good to know.

Esteemed Contributor

It never dawned on me to check that drop-down box and choose - if UPS is about the same as US Mail, I would choose UPS. However, that UPS Mail Innovations thing makes me wonder if you choose UPS, could they still change it over to US Mail? I hope I don't have to find out, because I'm trying not to buy anymore. I have enough "stuff".....Smile

Super Contributor

On 7/11/2014 kittymomNC said:

It never dawned on me to check that drop-down box and choose - if UPS is about the same as US Mail, I would choose UPS. However, that UPS Mail Innovations thing makes me wonder if you choose UPS, could they still change it over to US Mail? I hope I don't have to find out, because I'm trying not to buy anymore. I have enough "stuff".....Smile

If you choose UPS it stays with UPS. UPS will deliver it. If you choose "Best Standard Shipping" QVC chooses which way to ship it. I always choose UPS because it gets delivered to my front porch generally 2 days before the Post Office delivers to my mailbox at the street.

Super Contributor

On 7/10/2014 kittymomNC said:

I said in my post above that I had not had an order go from UPS to USPS, but I was wrong. The one I was referring to above apparently started out as UPS, which I guess is how it got from wherever it started on July 6 to my town on July 7. Following is what happened to it from July 7, when it arrived here, until July 10, when I received it. So for three days it was floating from UPS to USPS right here in my town before it was delivered to me. That is the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen.

When it arrived today, I saw that on the order form label, in big letters it has "UPS MAIL INNOVATIONS", and then it has a postal service tracking number (which was not the tracking number shown on my order on QVC's website).

So apparently now QVC has partnered with UPS, and even if it starts out with UPS, it can end up with USPS. When I have something delivered by UPS, it is usually 2 days from ship date to my receiving it. This way it doubled the time to 4 days. So it was "tendered to the Postal Service on July 8 here in my town, but it didn't arrive at the Post Office until July 9?

Tendered to Postal Service (in my town) on July 8

Sorting complete (in my town) on July 10

Out for Delivery on July 10

Delivered on July 10

I've already decided that what I order from QVC from now on will be few and far between, if at all. I know 4 days delivery is not that bad, but it's just the principle of the thing. It's just a convoluted way to ship something, in my opinion. I paid the same price, but doubled the shipping time.{#emotions_dlg.confused1}

"Tendered" and "Electronic Shipping" means they received the info that your package was coming. The Post Office hires a third party trucking company to pick up bulk packages at warehouses that service online companies. So, your package shipped out the 8th, was delivered the 10th - still 2 days. All the moving around was just computer transfer of information.

Respected Contributor

LOL, I always try and remember to use the UPS only shipping. It takes 2 extra days if they give it to the post office.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*