Esteemed Contributor

I WONDER IF QVC EVER REGRETS STARTING A COMMUNITY FORUM

Just perusing some of the discussions that go on here, I do often wonder if QVC regrets even starting a community.

Contributor

Re: I WONDER IF QVC EVER REGRETS STARTING A COMMUNITY FORUM

They probably shake their heads a lot and maybe get a laugh out of some of the comments.

Trusted Contributor

i would assume if QVC ever felt the boards were more trouble than they were worth; they would not hesitate to shut them down or modify, them; remember, HSN, did just that, years ago. Ever since, their Community Forums have been very tightly monitored.

I do think some of the threads that are allowed to remain up, reflect really poorly, on the company.

Everyone has a right to their opinion, yada, yada, yada, doesn't justify some of the really ugly, hateful comments made about hosts, vendors, and other posters, on some threads that go on and on.

People complain about social media, but, what are these forums if not social media? I've seen many posters say (true or not), they don't shop here any longer, they don't seem to like anything about the company, yet they continue to frequent the forums and post. Socical media! And some of the postings you read here, make Facebook, Twitter, etc., look like a kindegarten playgroundWink

Esteemed Contributor

I agree with both of you. Right to opinion is one thing, but some of the topics and comments IMO are just ridiculous.

Honored Contributor

It IS free feedback, but I'd bet at times they really do...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

They could easily shut it down if they wanted to.

Honored Contributor

I'm sure they identify the Q cheerleaders and follow them though.

ROFLOL

Respected Contributor

I don't think QVC regrets starting this forum community. Both good and bad can come from almost any forum.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Super Contributor

I don't think they regret it because it's free marketing analysis. Yes there is a lot of garbage, but when they sift through what people want and think about products, promotion, trends, etc; it's worth it's weight in gold. Think about what marketing firms charge for what is provided to them for free. Also, like someone else pointed out, if they weren't getting something out of it they would just scrap the project entirely.

Super Contributor

I'm sure if they did, they would have discontinued it by now.