Valued Contributor

Be careful with QVC returns - a reminder

I don't understand HOW this happens but once again I was charged on a return as if I had used their label. I did not. I paid to ship it myself. I watch that like a hawk because it has happened so many times. Just a friendly reminder to double check your refund amounts because the Q seems to be asleep at the wheel where this is concerned, among other things.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Be careful with QVC returns - a reminder

Not a bad idea to check. I always check mine because I've had a couple of occasions where I sent back a defective item with their label and was not supposed to pay the return shipping, but they deducted it anyway. CS was very nice about it when I brought it to their attention, and immediately credited it back to my card.

Honored Contributor

Watch every company! Just spend a whole series of emails and phone calls because I got 3/4 of a refund from a company I'm not going to name because after all the back and forth, I got the rest of my money.

The rest was ONLY $129 (!), well worth working a bit for.

There's a saying in the financial investing world that no one cares for your money as much as you yourself. No broker, no financial advisor has just your best interests at heart all the time. And when you're talking about a lower-on-the-payscale worker making retail refunds, well, suffice it to say I'm not surprised there are some errors among the millions of transactions.

I do under 10 returns a year counting all the places I shop - I check them all very carefully! It's my money.

Contributor

I have posted this response several times. QVC will ALWAYS deduct return postage/shipping on EVERY return. This is regardless of the reason for the return. If the item was incorrect or defective and you should not have been charged return shipping they will eventually credit that amount back to you. This process will be tedious, take multiple phone calls, and patience. QVC will often tell you they are crediting you and then they don't. Sometimes this huge amount of money $6.95-$8.95 will have to be approved by corporate. Sometimes they argue with you and try to talk you out of it. However if you are persistent and let them know that you will keep bothering them until they do what is correct and right and issue a refund it will eventually happen. I have NEVER had a return process correctly when I returned something that the return shipping should have been on QVC's dime. Just the way it is. I continue to shop with the Q as I like some of the products and the convenience of home delivery. I return very little but when I do I know to carefully track the refund process. Just imagine how much these "mistakes" add to QVC's bottom line when many customers do not notice or take the time to get the correct refund.

Esteemed Contributor

On 7/8/2014 KSCUTEY said:

I have posted this response several times. QVC will ALWAYS deduct return postage/shipping on EVERY return. This is regardless of the reason for the return. If the item was incorrect or defective and you should not have been charged return shipping they will eventually credit that amount back to you. This process will be tedious, take multiple phone calls, and patience. QVC will often tell you they are crediting you and then they don't. Sometimes this huge amount of money $6.95-$8.95 will have to be approved by corporate. Sometimes they argue with you and try to talk you out of it. However if you are persistent and let them know that you will keep bothering them until they do what is correct and right and issue a refund it will eventually happen. I have NEVER had a return process correctly when I returned something that the return shipping should have been on QVC's dime. Just the way it is. I continue to shop with the Q as I like some of the products and the convenience of home delivery. I return very little but when I do I know to carefully track the refund process. Just imagine how much these "mistakes" add to QVC's bottom line when many customers do not notice or take the time to get the correct refund.

I'm sorry you have problems with your returns, but I have to disagree with you. Do you call Customer Service in advance when you return a defective item? If you don't, then the problem may be that the people who take in the returns don't always pay attention to the reason. In the last year I have had to return quite a number of things due to defects or completely wrong sizing, etc. When I call them ahead of time to tell them why I'm returning something, they note my account. Only twice have I had the return shipping deducted when it shouldn't have been, and they were very nice when I called to make them aware of it. I got immediate credit back to my card.

Contributor

On 7/8/2014 kittymomNC said:
On 7/8/2014 KSCUTEY said:

I'm sorry you have problems with your returns, but I have to disagree with you. Do you call Customer Service in advance when you return a defective item? If you don't, then the problem may be that the people who take in the returns don't always pay attention to the reason. In the last year I have had to return quite a number of things due to defects or completely wrong sizing, etc. When I call them ahead of time to tell them why I'm returning something, they note my account. Only twice have I had the return shipping deducted when it shouldn't have been, and they were very nice when I called to make them aware of it. I got immediate credit back to my card.

Yes I have also called ahead of time and been told "we are putting a note on your account and you will not be charged return shipping". It has never made a difference. I am glad that you have had a more positive experience than I have. Everyone double check the amount of your credit for each return to make certain that you were not charged shipping when you should not have beem.

Super Contributor

I have been lazy on checking my QVC orders because I bought so much stuff, but you are right. Once when I checked it, I found they had not credited me for one easy pay. The easy pays are hard to check on. You can't trust the site, you have to look at your bank statement. When I called CS they found I was right and gave me a refund.
Honored Contributor

I have had kittymom's experience.

When I feel the error belongs to the company, I call before I return and ask CS to make a notation in my account - that's less frustrating than trying to argue after the fact. And I've never had a problem.

When I feel I don't want a product and the fault lies with me because I didn't pay enough attention to spoken or written details, I'm willing to pay the return postage. I use the shipping materials they paid for, but I pay for my own postage and insurance. I just can't see saving an extra dollar or two by not insuring things. There are plenty of thieves between here and QVC, plenty!

Contributor

I just use their return label to avoid hassle. Plus, I don't know if it would cost just as much to insure the item and use my own label. If you don't insure it, they could say they never got it.