Frequent Contributor

Certain Vendors Getting More Air Time and Others Getting None

Has anyone noticed certain vendors are getting more air time than others? I am so tired of one certain vendor. It seems almost every time I certain qvc on the vendor is on selling clothes, shoes, or jewelry. I miss Kirks Folly, Indingo Moon, and some others who they don't give air time or just quick selling their products.

Honored Contributor

Re: Certain Vendors Getting More Air Time and Others Getting None

It has to do with sales. Only sales.

Honored Contributor

Unfortunately as part of their current business model they've limited themselves to just a handful of vendors and brands repeated endlessly. Yes, these are brands that supposedly sell. What this also means is a real lack of essential variety and also the risk of customers becoming fully saturated with the same brands and products presented in a seemingly all too frequent rotation

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I suspect no one "gives" anybody air time. Vendors have to have something to sell that will make a profit for both themselves and the channel.

Maybe it's telling that for all the QVC buying I've done, I never bought a single item from the vendors OP loved. In fact, I don't think I even watched whole shows of theirs when they were on, and those were days when I did have QVC playing in the background lots of hours. I'm guessing, one company or other wasn't able to sell enough to continue the relationship. Those were years when I bought something QVC often; now it's once every few months, so I know I'm never going to be a customer.

I think if there were a profit to be made, one of the smaller channels would have picked up those vendors if the vendors wanted to continue. Did they?

ETA- Sounds as if OP doesn't much like Susan. That's perfectly okay, but to expect companies who are making profits, providing jobs, etc. to instead give hours over to lower returns and fewer jobs doesn't make business sense. Susan is on the air because her products sell and sell and sell. As soon as people stop buying or buy very little, she'll go the way of the other vendors. Blame the buyers!

Respected Contributor

A while ago, I found free shipping on some Nick Chavez products on QVC. I had to search myself because QVC didn't even announce it. I like Nick Chavez a lot, but he's not on much. I know it's not Nick's fault and I'm sure he's a pretty busy guy.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Regular Contributor

On 7/1/2014 stevieb said:

Unfortunately as part of their current business model they've limited themselves to just a handful of vendors and brands repeated endlessly. Yes, these are brands that supposedly sell. What this also means is a real lack of essential variety and also the risk of customers becoming fully saturated with the same brands and products presented in a seemingly all too frequent rotation

Sad but true.
They always have given some vendors more on air time then others. But they offered more variety in the programming and the vendors didn't live at QVC like so many of them do now.

Honored Contributor

The vendors with the sales get the air time. What would you do if you were in charge and had to answer to shareholders?
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment