Esteemed Contributor

Target announces free shipping on all orders over $50.00. QVC?

From Target: But the reality is, our guests continued to tell us that our shipping policy was frustrating and confusing to them, and holding us back. In fact, our internal research told us that more than half of Target.com shoppers who abandoned their shopping carts said their decision was related to shipping costs. (http://www.abullseyeview.com/2014/06/jason-goldberger-target-shipping/)

QVC is on the losing side of history on this one. I'd love to hear them actually admit how many carts are abandoned due to shipping.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Super Contributor

Re: Target announces free shipping on all orders over $50.00. QVC?

Most shopping websites offer free shipping over a certain amount and so should QVC. At least if you have it should be done by the total order not each individual item

Honored Contributor

Somehow though, not holding my breath for them to follow suit. They seem to be loosening up, at least a smidgen, on the Easy Pay, though still on their terms, and I think this is their response to the hue and cry for enhanced customers incentives... Could it be that this will be too little too late? I still shop here and probably always will, but less so, because they simply are so rarely competitive.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

I know I have left things in my cart due to s&h.....more and more companies are offering free ship for a certain amount...and some there is no limit...all shipping is free....I guess the Q doesn't worry about such things....they are such a large company with a huge customer base....there is no need to offer incentives...

Honored Contributor

Even orders of less than $50. ship free if you use a Target credit card and you get a discount on the purchase. Returns are a breeze as I just do it when I go to shop.

Trusted Contributor

I think it's unlikely that any of the Home Shopping channels will offer across the board free shipping, at any time, soon, if ever.

Target is a relatively low end retailer that can't come close to having the overhead operating costs of a television network.

Now if HSN or ShopHQ were to really go all out in offering free shipping, I suspect that would be much more likely to get QVC's attention, as it would be a much better basis for comparison.

No company is going to consistently lose money in s&h charges, though. Not unless they're doing such an incredible volumn of business they feel it makes up for it. And with all the competition, that is next to impossible to do.

Honored Contributor

On 7/1/2014 Daysdee said:

Even orders of less than $50. ship free if you use a Target credit card and you get a discount on the purchase. Returns are a breeze as I just do it when I go to shop.

I shop Target very rarely. Ironically, I was there one afternoon just before the scam broke and we found out how poorly they were protecting our financial privacy. I'm have no desire to return until they get their corporate act better together.

I know that's what they're doing offering all kinds of deals, but they'll be doing those deals with out my dollars. I apparently have lots of company. Target is really struggling - way more than QVC is. I do hope they're siuccessful - I hate to see people lose.

Super Contributor

Now they do this?? Just about 6 months ago, my daughter had to open up a Target charge card to get free shipping on a bedroom ottoman that was about $200. She wouldn't have gotten it if they didn't give free shipping because it was heavy and the shipping was ridiculous.

Valued Contributor

I just want to bring the obvious to everyone's attention: Nothing is free. If a company offers free shipping, it will make up the difference somewhere else. I know everyone thinks QVC's prices are high enough, so......do you think they can't raise them higher?

I don't know what the answer is, but buyer beware, nothing is really free.

Trusted Contributor

I haven't shopped Target since last year when they compromised my personal information, and didn't feel the need to let me know about it until several weeks after the fact. I can't trust them...free shipping, or not.

Member Since 11/20/2008