Valued Contributor

I'm just getting really disillusioned and tired of QVC's habit of sending out returned merchandise as brand new. It has happened to me so many times lately that I'm about ready to turn in my Q membership card. {#emotions_dlg.unsure} It's sad that a company that used to be so dependable and wonderful to deal with has gone the way of so many others. It's obvious they just don't really care about their customers anymore. I know, I know, it's just a business and it's all about the money. But I don't tend to stay with a business when I feel like I am being taken advantage of. It's going to be a painful breakup but it must be done.

Respected Contributor

Trust me when I say it won't hurt nearly as much as you think. Almost everything the Q sells can be found at Amazon, HSN, ShopHQ and any number of other places. I haven't missed them one bit. I found I got my items much, much faster and in better condition. I have never gotten a used product from any of these places.

Super Contributor
Yes....just move on. The Q Will not miss you, and you will be happier.
Honored Contributor

No need to even turn on the card. Just shop elsewhere.

Respected Contributor

OP I distanced myself from HSN because of their forum tactics and have not missed shopping there one bit. Yes HSN and QVC are big companies but if enough people stopped shopping it WOULD hurt them.

Ignore the hurtful remarks that some posters think they have to make and good luck.

One person multiplied by many is a lot.

Don't worry, be Happy!
Honored Contributor

If anyone is so dissatisfied with any business then common sense thing should be to quit doing business with that company and it shouldn't be painful if you find so many problems dealing with company.

I have never had problems with QVC and I order a lot but then maybe because I rarely order clothing or jewelry that might be why.

Honored Contributor

If you really want to avoid returns, order only new merchandise the day it is presented. Never order as is and never go on waitlist.

Honored Contributor

As soon as that happens to me, I'll be looking. Now I just look for better deals, but I mean truly better deals, not one that requires I buy something extra or something different from what I want.

I'm not even convinced Amazon Prime is good for me. I just keep adding up what I've bought so I'll actually know what their shipping would have cost me without it. I'm not counting their "free" books for two reasons; one is that if they weren't free, I find I never would be reading what they offer free, and the other is that prior to Prime, I spent virtually nothing on books, so when I buy one even though the shipping is free, I'm actually spending more money than I would without paying for Prime.

As for the Q - I've cut my spending drastically over the last 2 years, but what I buy I can't find elsewhere or the Q is still ahead of Amazon, Sephora, Zappos, etc. Besides, I had built up too much in my closets - too much skincare, too many shoes, too many handbags, too many tops - and the beauty of my age is that I find I'm content with less. Maybe more than content - happy to see my stashes start to disappear!

Valued Contributor

Yes, I knew my post would more than likely generate a few snide comments. That's OK. I just find it sad that a company that used to be so different and that you could depend on for great merchandise at good prices has fallen so far. In the past few months I have received a watch with a silicone band that had someone else's sweat/dirt all in the crevices on the inside (so gross), a handbag that was obviously used, and now a rather expensive cuff bracelet that appears to have been bent to fit someone else's wrist, leaving it a misshapened mess. Now you cannot convince me that these items were inspected by anyone. And even worse if they were because they were sent out for a full-price purchase. I understand that returns have to be resold. I have no problem with that as long as they are in new, unused condition. If they appear to be used then put them in the "as is" category. Seems like a simple thing to avoid the ill will of your loyal customers.

Valued Contributor
On 7/1/2014 Krimpette said:

No need to even turn on the card. Just shop elsewhere.

And BTW the ""turning in of the card"" was just a joke.