Trusted Contributor

Deliveries by USPS take way too long

I'm not happy. I ordered two tops by Isaac Mizrahi. One was shipped on June 8 and as of today they are not going to be delivered (June 13). The other top was shipped June 9 (same top - another color became available). At least the top shipped on June 8 should be arriving today. When I click on tracking it merely says "Electronic shipping info received" which is the beginning of the process and happened days ago.

It seems like lately (I had a scarf take well over a week from the time QVC shipped it), USPS hasn't been doing their job. So really, this is more about them than about QVC, but QVC needs to know that as of today (which it would say "Out for Delivery" if it was coming today, the one top is going to be delivered at LEAST 3 DAYS BEYOND THE EDD. That is not acceptable.

I should have chosen UPS in the drop down menu, but I forgot. I thought the chances were good that I'd get at least the one top for a trip, but that's not happening. I could kick myself, because I know that if I had chosen UPS, the top would have been delivered by the EDD or even a day before. I used to be an ardent supporter of the USPS, but they are not doing their job. First of all, they are not updating their electronic tracking points. Second, they are not even close to honoring their EDDs.

I did send an e-mail to Customer Service, which I feel doesn't really accomplish much. But QVC needs to look into the inefficiency of the USPS. For how long it takes them to send items, we shouldn't be charged what we are. We should be getting some economy rate.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Deliveries by USPS take way too long

our USPS is terrible...can't even get the mail in the right mailbox...delivery can be anywhere from 10am till 6:30pm...our packages may or may not be on our porch....or the people across the streets porch....if I put a return on my porch, for them to take, it may or may not be picked up....if I send mail to my sister in Michigan...or she sends mail to me...it could take two or three days....or two weeks....its a mess...

Esteemed Contributor

I agree. I had one item "picked up by shipping partner" on June 4 (although status says shipped on June 5), sent through USPS and delivered on June 10.

Another item was actually shipped through UPS on June 5 and delivered on June 6th! I was surprised by that, because it usually takes two days by UPS unless it's shipped on a Thursday, then it goes over the weekend. This one may have been shipped by the vendor, I'm not certain, but all my orders are delivered faster it they go through UPS.

Trusted Contributor

I live in PA, so I think it's actually worse for those closer to QVC than others who live across the country. I'm not sure of that, but I think we're low priority and put on the slowest type of transport in existence.

Honored Contributor

The post office does not update their tracking until the item is delivered. I don't even look at it and my order magically appears in my mailbox. I get those packages much faster than UPS.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

USPS lost one of my tops. CS gave me credit for it. I'd rather have the top.

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Esteemed Contributor

The post office does update their tracking every day. I followed the order that I referred to previously every day until I received it--I copied QVC's tracking number to the USPS website and it showed when it was picked up by the "shipper" on June 4, QVC's status said it was shipped on June 5, on June 5 USPS showed "arrived shipping partner facility" in Swedesboro NJ, on June 7 it arrived in my town, then it went to a larger town which I guess may be an area center, then on June 9 it came back to my town, and it was delivered on June 10. I was able to track it every day--and I was getting more and more frustrated because it had to go so many places before it got to me. It came to my town, then went to another town, then back to my town!

Super Contributor

Mine always arrive well before QVC's EDD. I've never had anything arrive later. USPS to the west coast takes 3 days, 4 tops.

It does depend on the individual post office whether the parcels get barcode-scanned or not. I once complained to an eBay seller that a purchase was taking forever; she was very apologetic and promised she had sent it, but she knew her local post office never scanned anything so it looked like she hadn't even dropped it off. It arrived a few days later, scanned only at my local post office, never at any other along the way.

Honored Contributor

To the OP ---- what part of the country are you in?

I live in Los Angeles .... and got an item sent USPS in three days!

Esteemed Contributor

I always order online and always choose the UPS shipping when I get to that page. Very quick service once QVC sends it.