Respected Contributor

When I try to report someone the screen goes to another color and will not let me report, what is happening?

Don't worry, be Happy!
Valued Contributor

Re: Why can't I report someone?

I'd sure like to report someone............
Respected Contributor

Too good of a pop up blocker maybe? A little window pops up for me and asks if I'm sure I want to report it.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Honored Contributor

On 6/1/2014 debc said:

Too good of a pop up blocker maybe? A little window pops up for me and asks if I'm sure I want to report it.

That's my experience as well, though I've almost never used the feature.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

Sometimes it works and sometimes it does not. Weird.

Don't worry, be Happy!
Honored Contributor

In general, I don't really get the concern about reporting people or about getting one's thread deleted or other forum stuff. This is a message board. Post your replies. Don't fret over every single perceived offense. If someone truly bothers you, put the person on "ignore."

I report occasionally, but I limit it to what I think are egregious breaches of the community standards -- racist or other type slurs or remarks.

Unfortunately, I think too many posters use the "report abuse" button as part of their personal battles or grudgefests here. No doubt that a perfectly legitimate post is often deleted by a tired webbie.

BTW, here's something to keep in mind. It's one of the Community Standards:

REPORTING ABUSE: A Community participant's excessive use of the ''Report Abuse'' function to report other Community participants without cause may result in the participant being banned from further participation in the QVC Community.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

I agree. It seems that too often the whole reporting thing is used as part of a power struggle or to seek vengeance against someone who has dared to have a very different opinion from one's own or an equally as strong opinion that doesn't jibe with one's own beliefs or attitudes. It also seems some folks go out of their way to seek these difference of opinion, which are invariably to be found, and once found practically mess themselves in their zeal to hit the report button. Really... there isn't much said on these boards that warrants the level of emotional investment some seem to put into it.

Super Contributor

golfcartrider- make sure you are logged in - otherwise the option will not work {same as the ignore option}

#IamTeamWen
Valued Contributor

On 6/1/2014 stevieb said:

I agree. It seems that too often the whole reporting thing is used as part of a power struggle or to seek vengeance against someone who has dared to have a very different opinion from one's own or an equally as strong opinion that doesn't jibe with one's on beliefs or attitudes. It also seems some folks go out of their way to seek these difference of opinion, which are invariably to be found, and once found practically mess themselves in their zeal to hit the report button. Really... there isn't much said on these boards that warrants the level of emotional investment some seem to put into it.

Well said, stevieb.{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1} People should be reported for egregious comments as suggested by SuzyQ3, comments that are racist, slurs, etc., not because you say you don't like an item that has a dedicated following. It becomes a way for others to control the boards and strike back at a poster who does not have the same emotional feeling about a product.

Saving one dog won’t change the world, but it will surely change the world for that one dog
Richard C. Call
Honored Contributor

On 6/1/2014 katiescarlett said:
On 6/1/2014 stevieb said:

I agree. It seems that too often the whole reporting thing is used as part of a power struggle or to seek vengeance against someone who has dared to have a very different opinion from one's own or an equally as strong opinion that doesn't jibe with one's on beliefs or attitudes. It also seems some folks go out of their way to seek these difference of opinion, which are invariably to be found, and once found practically mess themselves in their zeal to hit the report button. Really... there isn't much said on these boards that warrants the level of emotional investment some seem to put into it.

Well said, stevieb.{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1} People should be reported for egregious comments as suggested by SuzyQ3, comments that are racist, slurs, etc., not because you say you don't like an item that has a dedicated following. It becomes a way for others to control the boards and strike back at a poster who does not have the same emotional feeling about a product.

KS, this whole 'reporting' issue could very well become quite a battleground for certain factions and could prove to be a very, very challenging process of resolution for QVC. They need to tread lightly and avoid the appearance of 'taking sides' or otherwise risk seriously alienating core customers, which I don't think they want to do. Of course, this could ultimately prove to be a tempest in a teapot, but if not, the Q could be put in the position of radically changing the boards as we know them...