Occasional Contributor

Why???? Why must a host GASP (a very exaggerated gasp at that) when an item is presented? Several hosts do this, but Jane Treacy is the worst. I have at times came to the TV from another room thinking something was wrong. This adds nothing to the presentation but does distract the viewers. Thanks.

Honored Contributor

Given the tedium they're now presenting repeatedly and most of the time, I guess they have to feign excitement and hope that we fall for it... Note to Q: We don't.

Gasp!

{#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Super Contributor

ITA. NOTHING they sell is worth gasping about!!

Honored Contributor

Probably to gain our attention so that we buy, buy and buy more. I gasp too when I see their prices now!

Valued Contributor

Actually, the shipping makes me gasp!!

That's how we roll in the shire..
Super Contributor

I think they have to take the Breathy Gasp Class once a year.

Super Contributor

I think some hosts just talk too much and too fast and lose their breath.

Respected Contributor

Amy does the "WOW" thing over and over on all cosmetics, like she is seeing the product for the first time. Not only is it a "WOW" but it is a very breathy "WOW"

Do all of the show host's think we don't notice this?

I have said many times that all of the host's should sit down and watch their presentations, maybe some of this annoying stuff would stop if they saw themselves. They also need to watch other host's to see what dumb things they say and do.

Don't worry, be Happy!
Esteemed Contributor
On 4/27/2014 KYShopper said:

Why???? Why must a host GASP (a very exaggerated gasp at that) when an item is presented? Several hosts do this, but Jane Treacy is the worst. I have at times came to the TV from another room thinking something was wrong. This adds nothing to the presentation but does distract the viewers. Thanks.

actually it does "add something"....it brings you to the T.V. to see what the gasping is all about....that's all the Q. needs....is your attention...then they hope you will make a purchase..may not make you buy....but I bet it does many of their other viewers....

not being critical of your post...just giving you my "spin" on why they have the Host gasp over something I am sure they have seen and sold dozens of times....

I find the gasps so phony....

Regular Contributor

How about when Leah has to say "WOW....." especially when she's doing a beauty show? She continuously does this when they show a before & after shot, doesn't matter what line she is presenting. The vendor will start to give those stupid clinicals, as in "after 4 weeks, 85% of people saw decreased fine lines...." and Leah will start with the WOW. Don't even get me started on Mary Beth (who I do like) but with those breathy wows even when selling a vacuum. These people need to audition for Broadway.

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.