Respected Contributor

Why? Do you charge me for your return label when I haven't used it?

I am getting tired of this. You charge me for the return label when I don't use it. How does that happen?
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Why? Do you charge me for your return label when I haven't used it?

I have had that happen a couple of times....c.s. will return your money...

Honored Contributor

They must process returns in rapid fire succession ... no biggie ... just call or email customer service and they'll credit you.

Frequent Contributor

How can you tell they've charged for the return label when it's not used? Where do you see the charge??? Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I really don't know???

Esteemed Contributor

you would see a credit being given for less than the original full price of the item. If original total was $36.95 which was cost including tax and S&H and you use their return label your credit would only show as $30.00 because they would deduct the amount of return shipping from your refund.
Honored Contributor

On 4/22/2014 PeaJay said:

How can you tell they've charged for the return label when it's not used? Where do you see the charge??? Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I really don't know???

Look at the amount refunded to your credit/debit card. If it's short $6.95, they charged you.

Honored Contributor

On 4/22/2014 CalmInTheHeart said:
On 4/22/2014 PeaJay said:

Look at the amount refunded to your credit/debit card. If it's short $6.95, they charged you.

You need to watch for that. Call CS if it happens and they should "make it right."

Frequent Contributor

I have had this happen time after time. I take a red sharpie and write on return invoice: LOOK I DID NOT USE PREPAID LABEL ! Never had an issues .

Contributor

QVC ALWAYS deducts for return shipping no matter the reason for the return. They will eventually credit this amount back to you if you call and complain. Usually it takes several calls and they are very slow about it. After going through this process for each and every defective return or QVC mistake I have concluded that this is their internal policy. Deduct the return shipping and hope the customer doesn't notice. Then when the customer does notice be as slow as possible and as difficult as possible to issue a refund. This process can take a lot of time to resolve. QVC is counting on many, many customers to not notice or simply give up. For some folks $6.95 or so isn't worth all the effort and time it takes to get it back. Think of how this adds to QVC's bottom line. I return very few items but I have NEVER had them not deduct return shipping when they should not have.

Esteemed Contributor

I take the return label off and affix it to the back of my copy of the receipt. That way if they did charge me the return postage I could prove I didn't use it. however that has never occurred in all my 20 plus years of buying and returning lots of items. Seems like all the problems people complain about with QVC have never happened to me.