Honored Contributor

QVC USA CUSTOMERS ARE BORED TO DEATH, MEANWHILE QVC EXPANDS TO FRANCE!

There are many many topics not only in the Q Did What Forum but in forums and categories across the QVC Community complaining about the repetitive minimal offerings. Instead of improving QVC USA it appears that the QVC Execs are more interested in expanding thier international markets and will now be launching a network in France in the second quarter next year....{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

It's curious that despite poor showings in some of their current European countries (except for Italy) and uncertain overseas economies they would chose to expand...

Instead of France, I just wish QVC would bring a highly differentiated shopping experience here in the USA!

http://homeshoppingista.wordpress.com/2014/04/17/oiu-oiu-qvc-is-going-to-france/#comment-20696

QVC's international revenue decreased 6% in the fourth quarter to $809 million and 5% to $2.8 billion for the full year. The fourth quarter and full year results included the negative impact of the strengthening of the U.S. Dollar against the Japanese Yen that was somewhat offset by the weakening of the U.S. Dollar against the Euro. For both periods, the U.S. Dollar remained stable against the UK Pound Sterling. Adjusted OIBDA decreased 9% to $158 million and 9% to $489 million in the fourth quarter and for the full year, respectively. Adjusted OIBDA margin decreased 61 basis points in the fourth quarter and decreased 69 basis points for the full year.

QVC Japan's revenue decreased 3% and remained flat in local currency in the fourth quarter and for the full year, respectively. The decrease in the fourth quarter was primarily due to decreased sales in local currency of jewelry, accessories and beauty products, partially offset by increases in apparel and electronics

QVC Germany's revenue declined 4% and 2% in local currency in the fourth quarter and for the full year, respectively. The decrease in the fourth quarter was primarily due to decreased sales in local currency of jewelry, apparel and electronics products

QVC UK's revenue increased 5% and 4% in local currency in the fourth quarter and for the full year, respectively. For both the fourth quarter and the full year, QVC UK's shipped sales growth in local currency was primarily the result of increased sales in the home and beauty categories, partially offset by declines in jewelry. QVC UK's ASP in local currency increased 5% and 6% for the fourth quarter and the full year, respectively. Units sold increased 1% in the fourth quarter and declined 2% for the full year

QVC Italy's revenue increased 17% and 41% in local currency in the fourth quarter and for the full year, respectively. QVC Italy's sales were primarily from the home, beauty and apparel product categories. QVC Italy's ASP in local currency remained flat and decreased 1% for the fourth quarter and the full year, respectively. Units sold increased 20% in the fourth quarter and 45% for the full year

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Re: QVC USA CUSTOMERS ARE BORED TO DEATH, MEANWHILE QVC EXPANDS TO FRANCE!

Here's more info and a quote from CEO, Mike George.....

QVC, based in West Chester, Pennsylvania, took almost a decade off from expanding before debuting in Italy in October 2010. George now has the goal of opening a new market every two years. Possible locales include emerging economies such as Brazil, a regional station for the Middle East and even more economically troubled European nations like Spain.

“We just don’t worry about economic cycles,” George said. “When we are thinking 20 years out, it doesn’t matter a whole lot.”

That’s because George believes that QVC’s template of what he calls “high integrity” product pitches can win in any market that has people with enough disposable income to buy everything from a $400 Vitamix blender to $25 sandals. By using television shows with likable hosts and inventors or celebrities like Joan Rivers or Rachael Ray presenting their products, the programing contrasts with infomercial hype.

All I can say is QVC has become CLUELESS---.....QVC HAS BECOME ONE GIANT INFOMERCIAL!

One wonders if QVC will even be in business 20 years out.....{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Parlez-vous... Vitamix, mon petit chou? Parlez-vous cooking, and cleaning and computing, mon ami? Because you just know the French with their reputation for haute cuisine and fashion are going to be love-love-loving the yum-yum face, the happy dance, the hours of Temptations, and those gourmet holiday offerings, right along with the Princess of Poly and Bag lady fashions... And they're sure to j'adore all the fake diamonds, bronze jewelry and black spinel gemstones... along with the steady doses of computers and tablets, vacuum cleaners and steamers and all the rest of the fun stuff those Q suits have been hurling... our way for the past half a decade... Take heart, Spurt. With any luck at all, this latest expansion is liable to cause an international incident...

Meanwhile, back here at home, well, things couldn't be worse... or could they? Frightening to think about, isn't it?

{#emotions_dlg.scared}

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

On 4/19/2014 stevieb said:

Parlez-vous... Vitamix, mon petit chou? Parle-vous cooking, and cleaning and computing, mon ami? Because you just know the French with their reputation for haute cuisine and fashion are going to be love-love-loving the yum-yum face, the happy dance, the hours of Temptations, and those gourmet holiday offerings, right along with the Princess of Poly and Bag lady fashions... And they're sure to j'adore all the fake diamonds, bronze jewelry and black spinel gemstones... along with the steady doses of computers and tables, vacuum cleaners and steamers and all the rest of the fun stuff those Q suits have been hurling... our way for the past half a decade... Take heart, Spurt. With any luck at all, this latest expansion is liable to cause an international incident...

Meanwhile, back here at home, well, things couldn't be worse... or could they? Frightening to think about, isn't it?

Well hide the croissants and french poodles....their only hope is to have Tony Parker hawk a line of Spurs products.....{#emotions_dlg.biggrin} Afterall he was chosen French Sportsman Of The Year 2013....

Maybe "your man" can apply for a transfer to France...{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Honored Contributor

Oh Pulleeeezzzeee Spurt, Parker and that team are NOT the answer to everything for anyone except you...

{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

The man was born in Belgium of an American father and Dutch mother and he plays in Texas. The only thing French about him is his nationality... and apparently his allegiance.

{#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

And I'm not thinking the French are going to be racing to the phones to order San Antonio Spurs basketball memorabilia... NOT when they marvel at the options placed before their glazed eyes that the Mighty QVC will soon be presenting for them. Honestly. Sometimes I think you have a one track mind!

{#emotions_dlg.sneaky}

All of the FABULOUS, fun, fresh, interesting and creative merchandise moms has found for QVC-USA to market for our shopping pleasure is sure to take Paris and the French countryside by storm...

Honored Contributor

Oh Pulleeeezzzeee Spurt, Parker and that team are NOT the answer to everything for anyone except you...

{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

The man was born in Belgium of an American father and Dutch mother and he plays in Texas. The only thing French about him is his nationality... and apparently his allegiance.

{#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

And I'd not think the Franch are going to be racing to the phones to order San Antonio Spurs basketball memorabilia... NOTwhen they marvel at the options placed before their glazed eyes that the Mighty QVC will soon be presenting for them. Honestly. Sometimes I think you have a one track mind!

{#emotions_dlg.sneaky}

All of the FABULOUS, fun, fresh, interesting and creative merchandise moms has found for QVC-USA to market for our shopping pleasure is sure to take Paris and the French countryside by storm...

Tony was on the French basketball team that won the Eurobasketball championship and also owns a basketball team in France .....he's an entrepreneur too....{#emotions_dlg.biggrin} Also Boris Diaw and Nando De Colo are French and play for the Spurs too.....

Here's a whole article explaining Tony's "Frenchness".....

http://www.48minutesofhell.com/the-frenchness-of-tony-parker

Honored Contributor

I do SO wish that man o' mine WOULD apply to transfer to France... I'd surely not miss him AT ALL... Hmmmm.... and perhaps Jillsy la Marm (isn't that French after all....) would like her very own beach house to re-do on the French Rivera...

Honored Contributor

I do SO wish that man o' mine WOULD apply to transfer to France... I'd surely not miss him AT ALL... Hmmmm.... and perhaps Jillsy la Marm (isn't that French after all....) would like her very own beach house to re-do on the French Rivera...

Why dont you suggest it on a tweet across the screen on her show....

Regular Contributor

I cannot believe how QVC keeps repeating TSV's...QVC is really losing viewers interest because of their lack of creativity in their offerings. Somebody with the company must think that the US viewers don't notice...How many pc's, bottles of Wen, etc. do the US viewers need?

Honored Contributor

On 4/19/2014 SPURT said:

Why dont you suggest it on a tweet across the screen on her show....

I don't tweet. Don't ask me...