Frequent Contributor

Almost Spit Out My Coffee Laughing Over . . .

I'm sitting here having a late lunch and thought I'd check out the video for Today's Special Value, the Genie Bra set. Oh, my GOSH!!! The 'before' picture of the poor squished chest on the model in the green top is hysterical! I've seen some bad 'before' pictures, but this one takes the cake. A woman would have to be out of her mind to leave the house in something that looks that terrible! Seriously, Q, just because we shop online doesn't mean we're stupid! I almost spit out my coffee laughing at this silliness!

{#emotions_dlg.laugh}{#emotions_dlg.lol}{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Super Contributor

Re: Almost Spit Out My Coffee Laughing Over . . .

I won't buy them...even if I had 'the inclination', I'd go to Walmart and try them on first. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Honored Contributor

On 4/18/2014 maryebrown said:

I won't buy them...even if I had 'the inclination', I'd go to Walmart and try them on first. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

I have bought them from a remainder store. I don't care what they claim, if you are over a certain age, over an A cup and have age-related droopies, one, ore even two worn together are a useless joke. I think I paid $8 and it was a complete waste.
Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Super Contributor

On 4/18/2014 moonchilde said:
On 4/18/2014 maryebrown said:

I have bought them from a remainder store. I don't care what they claim, if you are over a certain age, over an A cup and have age-related droopies, one, ore even two worn together are a useless joke. I think I paid $8 and it was a complete waste.

I've got "all of the above" going on, that's why I would never buy them. It's pathetic that the Q has this cr*p as TSVs throughout the year.

Esteemed Contributor

I absolutely hate when they do the before pictures. No woman, would walk out of her house looking like that. They do the same thing whenever they do the Breezies TSV's.

Contributor

I'm almost 45, a 38B, and while my "perk" has lost some perk, from, even 5 years ago, I'm not too bad, yet.

I bought a set of 3, from HSN, yes, their, before/after presentation is pretty funny,but, I've been pleased with them.

Would I wear them under something that I felt I needed strong support, no. But, they're super comfortable, fairly inexpensive, and for casual wear, I have no major complaints.

For someone who is heavy breasted, and/or, has sagging issues, I can't see these being good for anything but, maybe, around the house, or a sleep bra, for those who dont like to sleep without a bra.

If you get the right size, and you're small to average chested and have some firmness, they're comfortable, fairly inexpensive, and can be a nice alterntive to a traditional bra.

Super Contributor

I saw that on the show, Lordy, I can't believe they showed that picture as a legitimate "before"!
Regular Contributor

Genie vs. Ahhh bra, which one is better?

Honored Contributor

And I felt the same just now on the WEN presentation during AM Style. The before and after pictures of gorgeous Joy. I can only imagine what they had to do to make her hair look that bad in the Before pictures. Wow! In my worst ever hair days, I could never have gotten my hair to look that bad.

ETA: And for the most part, the model's hair isn't even the same color in the before pictures. So WEN changes your hair color also?

Honored Contributor

The infamous BEFORE photos have been a contention with Breezee bra presentations too.....if a woman would go out looking like these BEFORE photos they have a problem!

But the funniest posts/review were the ones that talked about the roaming modesty pads....and how they wound up in the most peculiar places....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”