Contributor

Just a thought, QVC shows the same old junk over and over again Vitamix, Bose, Dell, HP, KitchenAid, Dyson, Orthaheel with it’s stupid black magic marker and Sleep Number Bed, that by now the host know just as much if not more than the venders do about this junk. So why even have the venders there? Heck! the host don’t let the venders talk much about the product anyway especially Rick Domeier and Jill Bauer.

Super Contributor

So the host has someone to air kiss when they first start the show!

Honored Contributor

In most cases, I almost wish they didn't. It's the rare vendor that actually ads any value to the presentations.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

I prefer to hear what the vendor has to say about the product....who would know better then them.....once the hosts starts doing all the talking....I change the station...

There are very few hosts....on the Q. or the other two shopping channels...that know enough to shut up and let the vendor sell the product....

What a waste of time for the vendor to travel and then not be able to speak...they might just as well phone call in....

Regular Contributor

Alot of the vendor reps except for maybe a handful are more then likely contracted out to QVC. Example Craig Smith will one day hawk and Ipad, and the next he'll be talking about some Samsung pay as you go phone. Or Jan Muller one day he'll be talking about the vitamix blender, and the next he could be talking about a food saver system or whatever. Mally, Tara, Jamie and a few others seem to be the only ones representing the actual company they work for.

Regular Contributor
On 4/13/2014 stevieb said:

In most cases, I almost wish they didn't. It's the rare vendor that actually ads any value to the presentations.

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

The other night on PM Style, Lisa presented the Heys Luggage and 2 Susan Graver tops by herself. I got more out of the presentation with just Lisa (especially the Graver items) then I do with the guests.

If the hosts know the items there is no need of having a guest. For most of the items the only time I can see having guests, is if the line is new to QVC or a special event day like fashion day.

Long time viewers can probably remember what I just mentioned being how QVC used to be. The only time Susan Graver was on air, was during her weekly show and on fashion day. During the presentations unless it was a full show by the same vendor, they rarely had a guests on air. Instead of being on air the expert would be off air to help the hosts if they had any questions about the items.

Honored Contributor

Some of those vendors are paid actors and that is their only connection w/the company.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man