Contributor

Exchanges/PrePaid Return Label Charge

I thought when you exchanged an item, you avoided being charged for shipping. I exchanged 2 items at 2 different times and both times on my bill is a charge for Pre Paid Return Label Charge for $6.95 each. Customer service said its because I used their return label.

So what is the difference then if I just ship it back and reorder the item instead of "exchanging" it. This sounds so crazy to me. They are charging either way.

Think I am no longer ordering from them.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Exchanges/PrePaid Return Label Charge

They don't charge for the return shipping only if the item is defective. If you are exchanging it or returning it for any other reason, you will be charged return shipping.

At least QVC does refund original shipping if you just return an item for whatever reason. Most companies will refund for the item but not for the original shiipping cost, and you have to foot the bill to return it as well.

Honored Contributor

Re: Exchanges/PrePaid Return Label Charge

I returned a pair of slacks. Made my own label by using an old QVC one and blacking out the product info. Got my USPS receipt and went on my way. When I received my bill I had been charged for the return (6.95). I called right away and CS was lovely. My card will be credited.

I think in the return place (where ever that is) things are so quickly scanned no one pays attention to the label.

I saved about $2.00 doing that. I have all my QVC receipts for the last 20 years and they are organized into jewelry, clothing, etc. I just go through them and find the one w/the correct address.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man