Occasional Contributor

I purchased 2 of the Monterey Design XL Gravity Free Recliners with tray and storage pouch. Both of them arrived with the trays and pouches missing. I called CS and was told that she would see if they had the missing items in the warehouse she could send to me. Then said this item did not qualify for replacement of missing parts. She told me I would have to return the chairs to exchange them. Then told me they didn't have any more chairs left in ANY color (which they do). She did offer to sell me a Bliss chair. I asked her if I would be charged the same amount and she said no I would have to pay more. Nice try CSR. She had no information on this manufacturer so I couldn't even try to contact them. Same thing happened when I needed to contact Prepology about a defective item. They have no information. I ended up keeping the chairs because they were to large and heavy to deal with taking them to the post office or UPS. I guess they didn't want other customers knowing how their CSR handled this situation because they never approved my review. At least now I know they do not approve all reviews.

Honored Contributor

This experience of yours makes me think twice before I order any thing big from the Q.

Occasional Contributor

Me too baker. I rely on reviews to help me decide if I want to purchase an item. I guess that's why they don't want all the negative reviews to post.

Honored Contributor

Whether you agree with it or not, their review guidelines specifically state not to address any CS issues. That's probably why they didn't accept your review. It would be a good idea, though, for them to let people know why a review was not not accepted. It could be as simple as a form with on which they check the specific "violation" that they could then e-mail.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor
On 4/12/2014 baker said:

This experience of yours makes me think twice before I order any thing big from the Q.

Me too. I've always been reluctant to order anything that would likely lead to a huge hassle to return... Occasionally, I've done so anyway and had pretty good luck, but I always thing twice.

Your frustration is understandable, and yet had your review simply noted the quality issue it might have been fine, but the rejection was likely due to the reference to CS. For better or worse, the reviews are supposed to be product focused. At one time they did used to send you an email when a review was rejected that listed some broad citation of their review 'standards' as to why it was rejected, but the actual reason was never really stated clearly.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Super Contributor

Not a review issue, but if you receive an item that's large and heavy, and defective, I am pretty sure they will arrange for them to be picked up. We rec'd 2 defective Lazyboy chairs, and they were picked up, no charge. It took weeks, but they did it. - Bird

Honored Contributor
On 4/13/2014 The Bird said:

Not a review issue, but if you receive an item that's large and heavy, and defective, I am pretty sure they will arrange for them to be picked up. We rec'd 2 defective Lazyboy chairs, and they were picked up, no charge. It took weeks, but they did it. - Bird

Thanks for posting this, it's good to know. Concerns about getting larger pieces back have often contributed to my choice not to even consider purchasing.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor
OP, if you'll read the guidelines for reviews, you'll see why your review was not accepted. They don't want to hear about CS issues. They want to know about the performance of the average working product. You should have insisted they send you a prepaid label and have UPS pick up your chairs.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment