Honored Contributor

I see that QVC is running a poll about ToGather, which seems to be an internal version of Pinterest. It looks like it's not polling so well:

/></p> <p>Since you asked the basic question without a follow up, I'll mention it here. I don't use ToGather because I noticed that it created my account with my real name, not my Screen Name from the forum. It gave me no option (that I saw) to create a Screen Name.<br/> <br/> I don't like that. I should have the option to change my user name and NOT have to use my real name. I use my real name on Facebook because I have some level of control over what others see when they find my page via their privacy settings. ToGather doesn't seem to allow for that and then just puts what amounts to my wish list out there for anyone. Pinterest lets me use a screen name AND lets me create secret boards that only I or invited friends can see. If ToGather would allow for Screen Names, I would be far more likely to use it. </p>

Honored Contributor

I'm not really surprised if it's not taking off. I mean really, how can it? It's just a reorganized version of the same QVC merchandise. I looked at it a few times and while it is a little interesting to see what has jumped out at other shoppers, the bottom line is that unlike a broader based social shopping medium, which frankly holds little interest for me anyway, it's just very limited in scope because QVC is limited in scope.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Super Contributor

Can anybody tell me how you ""heart"" an item the ""Togather"" forum ? Thanks !

Contributor

ChynnaBlue, thank you for posting your experience with toGather. I am definitely going to share your comments with the team that is continually working to make toGather great for everyone. I think you raised some great points regarding privacy settings that you experience on Facebook and Pinterest. Currently there is the option to only show your first name and initial of your last name. You can also control the profile image (the default setting pulls your Facebook profile image, but you can also upload an image from your computer).

For my profile on toGather, I chose to upload a photo from my computer and not show my last name (even though locating my full name on the internet is not too difficult Smile).

Here is a look at my profile page on toGather: Keyai's toGather profile

Thanks again for sharing your point of view.

Contributor
On 4/9/2014 stevieb said:

I'm not really surprised if it's not taking off. I mean really, how can it? It's just a reorganized version of the same QVC merchandise. I looked at it a few times and while it is a little interesting to see what has jumped out at other shoppers, the bottom line is that unlike a broader based social shopping medium, which frankly holds little interest for me anyway, it's just very limited in scope because QVC is limited in scope.

stevieb, I always appreciate your comments in the forums, and this post about toGather is no exception. What would QVC need to do to make the toGather experience more appealing?

Contributor
On 4/9/2014 hope-Q said:

Can anybody tell me how you "heart" an item the "Togather" forum ? Thanks !

Hi hope-Q, we are going to post a blog soon that explains in more detail how to navigate togather (hearting, creating collections, following other members, etc.), but hopefully my quick explanation below will be helpful to you.

How to Heart in toGather:

1. You have to be logged into your toGather account (gather.qvc.com)

2. On the toGather site there is a gray heart located at the top right of every product.

3. Click on the heart and a new window will open.

4. You must heart into a collection. Your account starts with a Favorites collection, or you can create a collection that is unique to you (here is one of my favorite collections: Soccer Dad 2.0)

5. Select a collection, add a comment why you love the item you are hearting, and then click the SAVE button. The heart for that item will now be red to indicate you added the item to one of your collections.

I hope you will give this a try and then come back to the forums to let me know if my instructions were helpful.

Have fun discovering!

Regular Contributor

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup} ITA. I just don't see any value in it for QVC or the QVC customer. It's just another website QVC's IT admins need to support. I think their effort would be better spent on implementing suggestions on these boards for qvc.com.

When I first got an email announcing toGather, I created an account and checked it out. Shortly after, I deleted my account. To me it is redundant since I already review products and anyone can see what I like and don't like by looking at my review stats. It's obvious QVC is really trying very hard to be "social". That is evident by the hosts that sit on the sidelines of some of the shows to chat. That is odd to us too just like toGather is. I think one thing QVC is doing in the social space that I like is showing customer facebook comments as a banner on the bottom of the screen in some shows. I think this provides value to the customer, and should run all the time during all shows. I also think customers being able to live chat and ask questions about a product while an item is being presented on air is also good, it doesn't need to be a host sitting off on the side, it can be any QVC employee who is knowledgable about the products being presented. I can see where that would improve customer service and most likely add sales for the Q too. You could have a live twitter feed (moderated of course) similar like to what you have running on some qvc.com pages (the right hand side of the page for In the Kitchen with David comes to mind). You could broadcast something like that.

Super Contributor
My thoughts on to gather are this. I don't need help, or advice or "sharing" in a public forum, or public media site to shop. Unfortunately, I know how to do this all too well. That kind of thing is a waste of time. I want lower prices and free shipping both ways (like Zappos). The amount of money coming out of my wallet is what matters to me. As a bonus for me, I would appreciate that the customer reviews are carefully monitored before allowing them to be posted. I recently read a review for a shoe that had nothing to do with the actual shoe being sold. It was a rant that qvc didn't carry their size shoe. It appears to me that "to gather" is more about increasing sales or promoting emotional buying rather than giving the customer a good price.
Honored Contributor

The last time I checked on the voting results on that poll, it didn't look like ToGather is very popular at all. When I last checked, I believe it was something like 2.0-2.5% of those voting were participating in ToGather. Wonder if they'll continue it.

Honored Contributor

It chuckled when I looked at it. I know how to shop and figure things out. I sure don't need Q's help learning how to shop, dress, or anything else. Yes, very limited scope.....perhaps trying to avoid jumping the shark though I think the shark bit the dust a long time ago.