Regular Contributor

THE REASON QVC DOES NOT PROVIDE "SHIP ON YOUR OWN" LABELS

There always is a lot of speculation on these threads about shipping practices at the Q. Hasn't anyone ever wondered why the Q doesn't provide a "ship on your own label"? They do on large items - for the most part, but NOT always for smaller jewelry items. I think I have the MAIN reason.

For one thing there "small" packages that most frequently miss either the Q scan process or the postal scan. Wouldn't it be nice to have a bar code for the return purchase, the other big shopping channel offers this!

This is my third package that has "missed" the scan process, but I do have a tracking number. The other packages were resolved I have one to go. BUT here's the rub, I and of course ALL of you won't get your CREDIT until the package reaches QVC and is scanned in!!!! AND THAT'S WHY IMHO THE Q DOES NOT PROVIDE A RETURN LABEL for the consumer to pay shipping up front. More interest on the cc for the Q me thinks - just sayin.

Honored Contributor

Re: THE REASON QVC DOES NOT PROVIDE ""SHIP ON YOUR OWN"" LABELS

This is surprising ..... every label I've received had both the postage paid and the ship your own labels. Strange.

Trusted Contributor

This is pure, idle speculation, and from a logistics perspective. Prepaid labels are included (and encouraged) because it makes things easier for consumers, QVC likely makes a profit on the shipping (in many cases), and it facilitates the handling of returns and crediting accounts.

Esteemed Contributor

My receipts used to always have a Ship on Your Own return label, but I've noticed that none of the ones I've received more recently have it. They provide the address, so it wouldn't be a problem for me to ship it myself. However, I've found that, with few exceptions, it's usually within a dollar or less of the Q return label cost by the time I add insurance, so I just don't bother. Lately, it seems I always have something defective to return, which QVC pays for, and anything else rides along in the same box (as suggested by CS a couple of years ago). The problem I have with getting credit back on my credit card is that it takes so long for a package to get back to them - I've had one sit in the post office for 7 days (as shown on the post office tracking) before QVC's "shipping agent" picks it up..

BTW, HSN does not give me credit either until they receive my package -- however, their returns process is much faster than QVC.

Super Contributor

On 4/7/2014 FloridaPat said:

There always is a lot of speculation on these threads about shipping practices at the Q. Hasn't anyone ever wondered why the Q doesn't provide a "ship on your own label"? They do on large items - for the most part, but NOT always for smaller jewelry items. I think I have the MAIN reason.

For one thing there "small" packages that most frequently miss either the Q scan process or the postal scan. Wouldn't it be nice to have a bar code for the return purchase, the other big shopping channel offers this!

This is my third package that has "missed" the scan process, but I do have a tracking number. The other packages were resolved I have one to go. BUT here's the rub, I and of course ALL of you won't get your CREDIT until the package reaches QVC and is scanned in!!!! AND THAT'S WHY IMHO THE Q DOES NOT PROVIDE A RETURN LABEL for the consumer to pay shipping up front. More interest on the cc for the Q me thinks - just sayin.

More interest on the credit card is NOT the fault of QVC.

Regular Contributor

I'm sorry but you're NOT going to convince me that when QVC delays your return charges that the cc doesn't charge your card interest!!!

It doesn't affect me because I pay my bill in full every month but their are many that don't and if the charge is on the bill guess what happens!

Super Contributor

On 4/8/2014 FloridaPat said:

I'm sorry but you're NOT going to convince me that when QVC delays your return charges that the cc doesn't charge your card interest!!!

It doesn't affect me because I pay my bill in full every month but their are many that don't and if the charge is on the bill guess what happens!

I'm not trying to convince you of anything. The fact is there will be interest charges if the bill is not paid in full each month. How is that the fault of QVC?

Honored Contributor

The credit card has no idea when you mailed that package. You are getting charged interest for every day it is out of the warehouse. Personally I use their labels. I once forgot to put the packing slip inside of a return for Kate Somerville oxygen something or other. It was over $100.00 and when I found that packing slip later I figured I was out that money. Guess what, I got the credit, obviously off that label. It took a little longer, but I got it.

Super Contributor

how many days after they receive the package, does it show it was returned.

Super Contributor

I always get a ship on my own label so???