Valued Contributor

I am interested in buying a Dooney & Bourke handbag (A252398). QVC has it for $148 with 5 easy pays. By the time I add in shipping and tax it comes to about $168. I looked around and Zappos & Dillards both have the same exact bag for $128 and free shipping. With my tax that only comes to $136. I know QVC says their easy pay is interest free, but do I really want to pay $30 more for the same bag just to add another easy pay to my bills. I don't think so. I would rather save up the money and buy it without paying an extra $30.

Honored Contributor

Full retail is QVC's usual price point for Dooney, usually accompanied by top dollar shipping charges. The bags can often be found elsewhere for less on sale and with free shipping. EP makes the difference if one simply can't go the full price in one fell swoop, so it's a nice option for those who need it. I tend only to buy Dooney from QVC when there's a style or color I can't find elsewhere or that I can't find elsewhere for a better price. And yes, there are times when the 'installment plan' makes getting it home more feasible, but I try not to often be induced to pay more than I must simply to avail myself of EP...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Super Contributor

I love Dooney just like so many of the QVC shoppers. I learned a looong time ago that the "deals" on the Q are no big deal. You can shop on Dooney's website, purchase the same bag, get E-Zpay AND free shipping on all the bags. ALL of the time. Also, there are many times, more color choices available on Dooney.com for the same bag than what QVC is offering.

Respected Contributor

QVC has never claimed to have bargain prices. Those who wish to buy elsewhere are free to do so.

Honored Contributor
Yes, QVC does have a host that claims they offer lower pricing on D&B. This host frequently gives incorrect infformation. Sue just looks at her.
Respected Contributor

EZ Pay is basically an interest free loan.

Honored Contributor

It's not a bargain, but it can make purchasing more feasible.

And no, QVC's Dooney prices are almost always full retail... and aside from the occasional TSV or OTO, most of them never see a sale price until years later... Sadly, Dooney did away with their EP option, though I read on one of the Dooney threads where they're looking at some options...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...