Frequent Contributor

Today, I received the Joan Rivers OTO gingham blouse. It came in a plain brown envelope with no return address. Very strange. BTW the blouse is very nice.

Super Contributor
Was the blouse in plastic at least, ha, ha.
Frequent Contributor
On 4/3/2014 cyndog said: Was the blouse in plastic at least, ha, ha.

Yes, and it was new.

Super Contributor

I have received things in their plastic bags where the perforated strip is already ripped and the tape peeled and resealed so if I need to return it, I have to cut the plastic and tape it. What's up with that, like someone else has already opened it. I don't like that. I also recently received a few pair of crop pants in a huge box when they could have been put in the usual plastic bag??!!

Occasional Contributor

I received an item a couple of weeks ago that was in a brown box, inside the brown box was a regular UPS plastic mailing envelope and inside the UPS envelope was my item. I thought I had received someone else's return (which I probably did), but I kept the item because it looked new and I had wanted it for a long time. I just really found the UPS packaging within the QVC box to be odd.

Super Contributor
The weirdest thing I ever received from a shopping network and I don't remember which one because it was years ago, was two smelly feather pillows just thrown in a box, not in plastic or anything, looked like they just pulled them off somebody's bed, it was bizarre. The description tag said "water fowl" feathers. They were foul alright, ha, ha.
Esteemed Contributor
On 4/4/2014 cyndog said: The weirdest thing I ever received from a shopping network and I don't remember which one because it was years ago, was two smelly feather pillows just thrown in a box, not in plastic or anything, looked like they just pulled them off somebody's bed, it was bizarre. The description tag said "water fowl" feathers. They were foul alright, ha, ha.

hahaha.....very funny post....not what happened to you....but how you phrased it....

Super Contributor
Thanks!
Honored Contributor
It could have been mis-sent to another customer who did you a favor and forwarded it on to you rather than back to QVC, in which case you might never get it. I've had that happen and the invoice was in the package with the other person's name and address.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

The brown envelopes are recycled paper, I think....and I also think the lack of an address is to keep thieves at bay. I cringe when I get something from HSN because their plastic mailer says LOOK WHAT YOU GOT....and HSN all over it.

I received a brown mailer with jewelry in it, it does have a bubble wrap lining.